Plateau Support Group?

Options
124»

Replies

• pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Almonds are a good snack if you can avoid salted. Nuts have alot of fat, but it's good stuff. And I refuse to believe popcorn is bad for me. :laugh:

Talking about knees hurting, yesterday I used instant streaming on Netflix to do Self: Your Better Butt Fast, and my knees hurt too! Of course the area I'm trying to work on wouldn't be the sore part, lol. I wonder if it is my form too, or if I just have weak/crappy knees.
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    YES!! I THINK I AM OVER IT!! :D:D:D
    I have been anywhere from 154 - 158 within the past few weeks. Last time I saw 153 (lowest I've been so far on my weight loss journey) was....June 3rd.

Well, today, got on the scale, expecting the typical 154....maybe a 155 or 156.....

Nope, right there in front of me was 153!!! YES!
    It's small but I'm much more hopeful :) Hoping to be 150 lbs by the end of summer (August 17th) and it looks like I'll be there in NO TIME!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    I have been anywhere from 154 - 158 within the past few weeks. Last time I saw 153 (lowest I've been so far on my weight loss journey) was....June 3rd.

Well, today, got on the scale, expecting the typical 154....maybe a 155 or 156.....

It's small but I'm much more hopeful :) Hoping to be 150 lbs by the end of summer (August 17th) and it looks like I'll be there in NO TIME!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

That's wonderful! Congratulations!
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    Almonds are a good snack if you can avoid salted. Nuts have alot of fat, but it's good stuff. And I refuse to believe popcorn is bad for me. :laugh:

Talking about knees hurting, yesterday I used instant streaming on Netflix to do Self: Your Better Butt Fast, and my knees hurt too! Of course the area I'm trying to work on wouldn't be the sore part, lol. I wonder if it is my form too, or if I just have weak/crappy knees.

My knees feel ok this morning. If I REALLY concentrate I can feel a little twinge in my left knee lol, but I'm sure I'm ok to work out today. I'm going to try to be really concious of my form and see how I feel tonight. Hopefully I can correct the problem before it gets too bad.

On 30 Day Shred, Jillian Michaels says to be sure that your knees never go above your toes when you're doing squats, lunges, etc. Maybe if we watch ourselves and are really careful we can tell if our form is off or if our bodies are just finally crapping out on us lol
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

Congrats!!!! I saw that number on the scale this week too!
  • KarenHapli
    KarenHapli Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know I'm late jumping into the group, but I just signed up today and went hunting for a group just like this. :)

I was doing great for the last year. My high weight was just under 200lbs last July, and I got down to 160lbs (go me!), but for the last few months, I've been hovering between 160-164. I'd like to lose 20-30 more, and was hoping to be closer to the goal by now. It's VERY discouraging and frustrating, and sometimes I find myself feeling the "What the hell!" attitude with foods and activity because I rationalize, "It's not like I'm losing weight doing the right thing anyway!"

Of course, I *know* that's not helpful, so most of the time I stay on track. :wink: These last 3 weeks have been quite a bit out of whack, though. We had a family emergency, lots of guests, and of course, lots of take out, dining out, and treats that were not part of the usual routine.

My typical day sees about 1000-1300 calories when I'm being good. I work out 5-6 days a week -- cardio and weights for a total of about an hour to an hour and a half (some days I add an extra 30 of cardio).

*sigh* Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hello, and I know how you all are feeling!

Karen
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Welcome, Karen! May I just suggest you try eating a few more calories on your regular days (that you exercise)? I bet that'll help.
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    Welcome Karen! It's good to have to you :)

I'm actually down a pound this week! It's a small victory, but I'll take it. How did everyone else's weigh-in go?
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I was at 155ish last week, and my weight today was 153.4. I'll take it!

I'm going on vacation this week, so my goal is not to gain anything. I plan on writing down everything I eat and exercising at least 3x.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So I had another 2 pounds this week! Maybe I should get away from the plateau group, lol, but I like coming back here as a reminder that you can get through it! Plus I got my best plateau breaking ideas from this thread. :heart: More exercise and supplementing some protein I think has been huge for me. I don't know about the effects of the green tea, but I definitely like having a drink other than water that I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about. The past week I also focused more on doing the 30 Day Shred. Most weeks I go running 3 of my exercise days and do maybe 2 of any dvd or strength training, but this week I only devoted one day to running. I do follow 30DS with going for a run anyway, but I think it's the variety. Level 2 is still kicking my butt! I've heard it's harder than Level 3 tho, lol.
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    Grr back up to 154 :(