What the.....

Options
13»

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I don't wait till i'm very hungry to eat , that's how I over ate before mfp, had 2 meals a day & hungry so ate till i was full. I also wait 20 min before having anything else & by that time, it hits my stomach & I'm not hungry any more. I love to exercise, it gives me energy and it shapes me
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I don't wait till i'm very hungry to eat , that's how I over ate before mfp, had 2 meals a day & hungry so ate till i was full. I also wait 20 min before having anything else & by that time, it hits my stomach & I'm not hungry any more. I love to exercise, it gives me energy and it shapes me

That first part is really good advice, too! Sometimes I have to wait beyond that point, but in general I try to avoid getting to the point where I feel like I could eat a whole cow....because I used to put in a pretty good faith effort and I gained.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well, as far as eating my bunnies, as I always say to my vegetarian friends, my food *kitten* on your food.
    And I don't like beans in my chili. So Bleh.
    I despair as to the heathens who live in the interior of my beautiful province! I mean if you want to discuss mushrooms in your chilli (Tim's), OK, I will entertain that... but how can you call a chilli a chilli without beans (which incidentally do count as "bunnies", or rather as ONE bunny!) Get with the program @Tacklewasher: 5+ "bunnies" a day!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Personally, I find it more effective to add things to my life/diet than to make rules against things. So, I've tried to add more vegetables into my diet - especially packing a bunch for lunch + afternoon snacks. I've added a lot of walking to my life (some of it forced upon me by my work turning my old parking lot into a construction site) - which lets me eat a *lot* more than if I was sedentary. I've tried to increase my overall protein intake (aiming for 100 g per day - which is about 20-25% of my daily calories) to help with satiety.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Well, as far as eating my bunnies, as I always say to my vegetarian friends, my food *kitten* on your food.
    And I don't like beans in my chili. So Bleh.
    I despair as to the heathens who live in the interior of my beautiful province! I mean if you want to discuss mushrooms in your chilli (Tim's), OK, I will entertain that... but how can you call a chilli a chilli without beans (which incidentally do count as "bunnies", or rather as ONE bunny!) Get with the program @Tacklewasher: 5+ "bunnies" a day!

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2015/01/chili_history_there_are_no_beans_in_san_antonio_s_specialty.html
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bunnies in my chilli
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you'd like a gander. I think most people would call my overall eating 'healthy' though I usually go over my sodium. However, I make room for a couple of pieces of potato kugel and a frosted cookie once a week. I have a piece of homemade birthday cake at my nephew's party. (I also show up with a bag of Skinny Pop popcorn for everyone and along with the one piece of cake, I dip into the popcorn bowl and the fruit platter... but I budget for that cake and enjoy it without guilt). I check restaurant menus in advance and email the restaurant with questions if I'm not sure about the calories, but then I go out to eat and enjoy myself.

And there are some foods I don't buy right now, because I don't trust myself to stick to a sensible portion if it's in the house.

I'm doing some moderate exercise (leisurely-paced walks of at least one hour or 35 minutes on a Nordic skier, supplemented with using a fit tube for strength building/toning).

So far, it's working. I've lost 35 lbs, I'm seldom hungry, and I haven't had to give up anything.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    Are you another heathen who does not include bunny food in your chilli?!?!

<Sigh, next thing these people will tell me that green peppers and tomatoes are not legit in a chilli!!!>
  • kq1981
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    kq1981 wrote: »
    Are you another heathen who does not include bunny food in your chilli?!?!

<Sigh, next thing these people will tell me that green peppers and tomatoes are not legit in a chilli!!!>

I repent.... I may try said bunny, in chilli.
    Bunnys in moderation always

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I will eat aaaallllll the veggies y'all don't want, because veggies make me very, very happy. ;)

Me too! We can't find sorrel here, so we grow it. I get so excited for mom's sorrel soup every season like one would get excited for seasonal thanksgiving food!
  • kq1981
    Options
    I wish Australia had thanksgiving:-(