low carb / high fat diet success anyone ?

Options
I'm on my first week of this. Choose it bc I like nuts, coconut oil, then found out about bulletproof coffee (yum) and just wondering if anyone else has tried it, and how your macros worked out. There is a group on here but not very active.
I actually am doing quite well with it. No cravings for sweets & I used to have a killer sweet tooth. I baked & iced a cake tonite for the family & wasn't tempted to lick the spoon, beaters, or have any icing that got on my fingers ! Seems great so far ! PRETTY SURE it's due to the fact I'm eating & drinking 100g of fat/day. Around 50carbs,(1500cal) which I fear might be too many, but I don't want to go any lower than that. It's way better than where I was....and the scale has started to move, water weight I know. Anyone else tried tried this ?

Replies

• Bod4GodAnnice
    Bod4GodAnnice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I ordered Chris Powell's book on Carb Cycling. Should be here this week. However I am starting tomorrow.
    I am starting my high carb day tomorrow and alternate days high carb/low. Will see how this works. I have tried everything.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Is bulletproof coffee nice? Never like the thought of putting butter in coffee
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm plenty happy eating low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Less bloat, great skin, shiny hair. Works for me!
  • minijuggernaut
    Options
    Is bulletproof coffee nice? Never like the thought of putting butter in coffee

It's amazing. Grass fed butter + coconut oil + coffee = sinful.
  • Ampierce
    Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been on the HFLC diet for about 6 weeks and find that for me, it is the only way to go. I feel better overall and have a lot of energy. I have another friend who has made it a life style and is very healthy and fit. Of course she works out almost every day (just short intense workouts).

I am still finding ways around the carbs as I love them, but I just feel so much better without them. Please feel free to FR if you would like.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Tessyloowhoo Posts: 504
    Options
    I am Low Carb (usually net carbs of 40 but under 70 net MAX even on intense workout days) High protein and moderate fat... 26lbs down and no seizures for 185 days
    43359607.png
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Oh bulletproof is sooo rich, of course, I like unsweetened dark coco with mine, some people don't. To those who do hflc, is it a big deal to be over on fat ? Chicken wings were going to happen tonite macro wise, I could've absolutely fit it in - but would've been 6 over on fat grams. Do you ever do that ? Is 100fat grams & 55 carbs going to work together ?
  • Dre8604
    Dre8604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    ANOTHER QUESTION, within my question, do you eat during a certain "window" timeless ? Like, . I read have BP coffee in am, then don't eat your 1st meal until 12 or 1, eat up until 7pm, then fast. True ?
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe i might experiment in future with this bulletproof coffee but atm doing IF so cant have it.
  • minijuggernaut
    Options
    ANOTHER QUESTION, within my question, do you eat during a certain "window" timeless ? Like, . I read have BP coffee in am, then don't eat your 1st meal until 12 or 1, eat up until 7pm, then fast. True ?

I try to hold off on my next meal as long as I can, for no reason other than that I am ravenous before bed and like to save some calories for later in the day.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Been doing Atkins a lil over a year. Induction level can be challenging but totally worth it to be free of carb cravings. I stay in ketosis under 75g although it varies person to person. I'm pretty much at goal now and try to keep carbs 75 - 150g. I was at 190ish for a few weeks and the bloating, tiredness, hormonal mood swings and insomnia came back. Lowered them and back to feeling good again.
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight on a low carb high fat diet (keto). My macros are 5% carbs, 65% fat and 30% protein. I'm in maintenance now and the weight is staying off even though I've added carbs back in my diet.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Anyone else ? I'd love to hear more experiences with low carb high fat , it's now 6am, time to get bulletproof ! Woot woot !
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Balanced diet always better . CARBS + FAT + PROTEIN the way it should be all year round.
  • minijuggernaut
    Options
    Balanced diet always better . CARBS + FAT + PROTEIN the way it should be all year round.

We are speaking from our personal, positive experiences. It works for us, no need to tell us what's BETTER if we're happy with the plan.

Furthermore, I get plenty of carbs from fruit, vegetables, and nuts.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been following Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint Diet. My husband lost 45 pounds about 1 1/2 years ago and has kept it off. I'm down 10 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks which has been pretty easy to follow. My hardest part is flavored creamer in my morning coffee has been replaced with half and half. I say do whatever works for you :-)
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have lost 65 lbs. in 8 months eating low carb. I try to eat low carb/moderate protein/high fat. Usually 20-40 g total carbs/day, 75-100 g protein, and the rest of my calories from fat (usually up to 1400-1500) plus the additionl fat my body burns to make up the calorie deficit. I am in ketosis and feel great eating this way. I plan to eat this way for life. Anyone else eating low carb feel free to add me.
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    I have been LC since May of 2012....down 40#. Love, Love, Love bullet proof coffee!!! Anyone please feel free to add me:)