I just want this to work !!

Options

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    2 things come to mind. I'm guessing your definition of "crap" is skewed since you seem focused on calories and carbs. As well as the question, how did you end up at 276 lbs if you can't eat 1680 daily?

First I don't really appreciate your ignorant way of replying. Obviously I got to the weight I did because I didn't eat healthy and I would snack here and there through the day then eat crap for dinner I.e pizza and subs and things like that.
    Second like I stated NOW that I'm eating errrr and healthier I'm not reaching my 1680 calorie goal.
    This is why I asked. Good enough?

Sensitive much? Don't bash people that know what they are doing. It doesn't matter what you eat you will still gain weight if you don't exercise.

No but everyone is ere to better themselves not to be judged. And I do exercise which brings my calories up another 500 or so a day on those days. Which is why I asked the question. I didn't ask it for people to be rude.

I'd rather have someone be rude and give me great advice, than to coddle me and tell me nothing worthy. That said, his reply wasn't rude. Take the advice for what it is... good advice. There's a lot of it to be had on the forums here. Great advice and good people that give it out. He's one of 'em.

I took his comment as being rude. obviously before i was trying to take better care of myself i did eat extreme amounts of calories and i did get up to 276. i don't need to be told that obviously i can eat and get fat. I said im
    NOW having issues with hitting my calorie goal. Obviously i'm here trying to better myself and looking for motivation and advice. I replied to his last post and was i rude or ignorant.. no.

If your not here to help then why comment ?

What exactly are you looking for?
    You have gotten some great advice, use it.

Eat more calorie dense food.

Pizza
    Ice Cream
    Peanut Butter
    Cheeseburgers

These won't kill you.
    Eat your 1600 calories, it's not that hard.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Because it's a public forum and you appear to be getting butthurt over good advice. If you don't want public responses, don't post in a public forum.

Now.. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GOALS! BE WELL! DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU! YOU CAN DO THIS GRULLLLL!

There's your motivation. The best advice has already been given.

stop eating "diet" food and just eat real food. Problem solved.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Dandeliiondreams Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

What exactly are you looking for?
    You have gotten some great advice, use it.

Eat more calorie dense food.

Pizza
    Ice Cream
    Peanut Butter
    Cheeseburgers

These won't kill you.
    Eat your 1600 calories, it's not that hard.
    [/quote]

I did get some good ideas.
    All of your life your told these things are bad for you, make you fat, can kill you.

I know that in moderation its fine.. I do still eat these things in moderation but i just wanted to see what everyone else had to offer...
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    2 things come to mind. I'm guessing your definition of "crap" is skewed since you seem focused on calories and carbs. As well as the question, how did you end up at 276 lbs if you can't eat 1680 daily?

First I don't really appreciate your ignorant way of replying. Obviously I got to the weight I did because I didn't eat healthy and I would snack here and there through the day then eat crap for dinner I.e pizza and subs and things like that.
    Second like I stated NOW that I'm eating errrr and healthier I'm not reaching my 1680 calorie goal.
    This is why I asked. Good enough?

Sensitive much? Don't bash people that know what they are doing. It doesn't matter what you eat you will still gain weight if you don't exercise.
    No, not true
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Don't label things as "bad". Eat in moderation. Have some peanut butter, nuts, chocolate. I'm sure you will be able to get to 1600. That's not that much food, I can hit that easily.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Because it's a public forum and you appear to be getting butthurt over good advice. If you don't want public responses, don't post in a public forum.

Now.. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GOALS! BE WELL! DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU! YOU CAN DO THIS GRULLLLL!

No i asked for advice, not to be told obviously i can eat and get fat..
    I wanted others advice on WHAT THEY EAT ! If its ice cream burgers and pizza then so be it.. I just wanted some help.
    One person will tell you to eat like a rabbit the next will say eat what you want and workout.. it goes on and on..

When you think healthy you think of healthy foods not the fast food items.
    I know i can still eat these things but i was just looking for ideas

And Butthurt? Because i told him his reply was rude? I didn't knock his advice i didn't like him saying im overweight because i can eat..I know this thats not what i asked.. yes i'm overweight.. yes i CAN eat thousands of calories.. But i don't want to anymore.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    The new ones on here are getting worse and worse in calling the rude cards right away! Relax and listen to people who have been there before you and have failed. They are successful and know what they are taking about. If you are offended by the way people speak maybe you should go find a pony and unicorn site and post there where everyone with throw fairy dust and *kitten* rainbows in your threads!

GOD!

Again if your not here to answer the question then why reply?
    To be sarcastic and think your funny?
    I asked for help, not to be made fun of because i am "New"
    Atleast im trying. And i have the right to say it was rude or not rude. What do you care.. Waste of time.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Its a PUBLIC FORUM I will post where I please.
    Grow up.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Don't label things as "bad". Eat in moderation. Have some peanut butter, nuts, chocolate. I'm sure you will be able to get to 1600. That's not that much food, I can hit that easily.

ty
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options

It's kind of blunt but he does have a point. Besides, if you just want it to work you really shouldn't cut out all of the foods you enjoy eating.

You can eat pizza without having to eat an entire deep dish meat lovers pizza with extra cheese. You can eat ice cream without eating the entire carton. It's when you decide that you're never going to eat those foods again that you run into trouble.

Sure, you'll lose weight eating only 1200 calories worth of broccoli every day. You'll also probably be miserable and end up "sneaking" an entire birthday cake when no one is looking and then ultimately giving up on your efforts. Cutting out entire food groups is a good way to develop a bad relationship with food.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Its a PUBLIC FORUM I will post where I please.
    Grow up.

I need to grow up but you're the one being ignorant?

Again i asked for help not to be ridiculed for not knowing.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    Nobody ridiculed you.

Do you know what ignorant means? Look it up.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options

It's kind of blunt but he does have a point. Besides, if you just want it to work you really shouldn't cut out all of the foods you enjoy eating.

You can eat pizza without having to eat an entire deep dish meat lovers pizza with extra cheese. You can eat ice cream without eating the entire carton. It's when you decide that you're never going to eat those foods again that you run into trouble.

Sure, you'll lose weight eating only 1200 calories worth of broccoli every day. You'll also probably be miserable and end up "sneaking" an entire birthday cake when no one is looking and then ultimately giving up on your efforts. Cutting out entire food groups is a good way to develop a bad relationship with food.

Yes blunt.. if that sounds better then rude thats what i meant then.. Im not saying he was wrong or gave bad information after that. I was just saying i wanted everyones tips..not to just be told im fat and i can eat so whats the problem lol..
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I wanted others advice on WHAT THEY EAT ! If its ice cream burgers and pizza then so be it.. I just wanted some help.
    One person will tell you to eat like a rabbit the next will say eat what you want and workout.. it goes on and on..

And Butthurt? Because i told him his reply was rude? I didn't knock his advice i didn't like him saying im overweight because i can eat..I know this thats not what i asked.. yes i'm overweight.. yes i CAN eat thousands of calories.. But i don't want to anymore.

You have had two people that have lost over 300 lbs between them give you advice. You choose what to believe from here. Rabbit food or real food.

You're obviously going to not be happy until someone tells you what you want to hear. So here's the best advice I can give you.
    You can eat 1200 calories of rabbit food, lose weight, lose LBM, and still not be happy with your body or your dinner.
    You can figure out your own numbers, what you need to eat to burn fat, retain LBM and be happy with your dinner and the numbers on the scale.

It's really that simple. You could exist on snickers bars only and lose weight, same goes for just lettuce. Or you could just eat food. In moderation.

Blunt =/= Rude

The above? That's blunt. Not rude. It all deals with how you perceive the information.

scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

you could use that to figure out an ideal calorie goal if you want.. or not... or you could call me rude too. Point is, the information in this post isn't going to change. Your perception of me may, but that's fine.. as long as you get GOOD HELPFUL information. Call me an *kitten* if you want, but don't argue with the fact that this is good advice.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Nobody ridiculed you.

Yes i do. Also id like to think you know the context i was using the word in.

smh
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    Nobody ridiculed you.

Yes i do. Also id like to think you know the context i was using the word in.

smh

Just stop.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Do not come to the forums and expect sympathy.... this is why you are allowed to pick and choose your friends list

Be pleasantly surprised when you find it, and then friend them.

You can out eat any exercise (which is just the opposite of what someone else said on here) Get your diet figured out, MFP put me at 1600something and a dietitian who knows nothing about me told me to try 1500. I went for 1550.

I refuse to give up everything and always eat seperate from my kids. So I eat pizza, I eat out, I don't always stay within my range, but I've figured out that I'm finally feeling a difference. I lowered my carbs but it's absolutlely impossible for me to eliminate them. Which is not a horribly bad thing.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options

You have had two people that have lost over 300 lbs between them give you advice. You choose what to believe from here. Rabbit food or real food.

You're obviously going to not be happy until someone tells you what you want to hear. So here's the best advice I can give you.
    You can eat 1200 calories of rabbit food, lose weight, lose LBM, and still not be happy with your body or your dinner.
    You can figure out your own numbers, what you need to eat to burn fat, retain LBM and be happy with your dinner and the numbers on the scale.

It's really that simple. You could exist on snickers bars only and lose weight, same goes for just lettuce. Or you could just eat food. In moderation.

Blunt =/= Rude

The above? That's blunt. Not rude. It all deals with how you perceive the information.

scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

you could use that to figure out an ideal calorie goal if you want.. or not... or you could call me rude too. Point is, the information in this post isn't going to change. Your perception of me may, but that's fine.. as long as you get GOOD HELPFUL information. Call me an *kitten* if you want, but don't argue with the fact that this is good advice.

Thank you.
    I wasnt trying to "offend" anyone i took his comment as rude.. better said as beign blunt. And his first comment wasnt helpful it was just "blunt"

Anyway, yes i did get lots of answers from this.
    Thanks
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Since you're going to play nice after all, I am going to delete my GIF and offer some suggestion instead.

Try adding more calorie-dense food, like nuts, avocado, peanut butter, whatever nut butter, eggs. These are great sources especially if you're watching carbs.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Do not come to the forums and expect sympathy.... this is why you are allowed to pick and choose your friends list

Be pleasantly surprised when you find it, and then friend them.

You can out eat any exercise (which is just the opposite of what someone else said on here) Get your diet figured out, MFP put me at 1600something and a dietitian who knows nothing about me told me to try 1500. I went for 1550.

I refuse to give up everything and always eat seperate from my kids. So I eat pizza, I eat out, I don't always stay within my range, but I've figured out that I'm finally feeling a difference. I lowered my carbs but it's absolutlely impossible for me to eliminate them. Which is not a horribly bad thing.

Ty. I m seeing that everyone isnt as nice as you would think in a place like this..
    I do still eat " unhealthy" things but when i do try to watch what im eating i end up with a large amount of calories at the end of the day...

just wanted to see what works for everyone else to help me mold my plan... Thanks