I just want this to work !!

Options

Replies

• Dandeliiondreams
    Dandeliiondreams Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Nobody ridiculed you.

Do you know what ignorant means? Look it up.

Yes i do. Also id like to think you know the context i was using the word in.

smh

Just stop.

=)
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Do not come to the forums and expect sympathy.... this is why you are allowed to pick and choose your friends list

Be pleasantly surprised when you find it, and then friend them.

You can out eat any exercise (which is just the opposite of what someone else said on here) Get your diet figured out, MFP put me at 1600something and a dietitian who knows nothing about me told me to try 1500. I went for 1550.

I refuse to give up everything and always eat seperate from my kids. So I eat pizza, I eat out, I don't always stay within my range, but I've figured out that I'm finally feeling a difference. I lowered my carbs but it's absolutlely impossible for me to eliminate them. Which is not a horribly bad thing.

Ty. I m seeing that everyone isnt as nice as you would think in a place like this..
    I do still eat " unhealthy" things but when i do try to watch what im eating i end up with a large amount of calories at the end of the day...

just wanted to see what works for everyone else to help me mold my plan... Thanks

No one was mean, AT ALL.
    You were giving advice by two people that lost almost 300lbs.

You didn't like that advice.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Since you're going to play nice after all, I am going to delete my GIF and offer some suggestion instead.

Try adding more calorie-dense food, like nuts, avocado, peanut butter, whatever nut butter, eggs. These are great sources especially if you're watching carbs.

Ty i wasnt trying to come off as an *kitten*.. I really was just looking for some help..
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Do not come to the forums and expect sympathy.... this is why you are allowed to pick and choose your friends list

Be pleasantly surprised when you find it, and then friend them.

You can out eat any exercise (which is just the opposite of what someone else said on here) Get your diet figured out, MFP put me at 1600something and a dietitian who knows nothing about me told me to try 1500. I went for 1550.

I refuse to give up everything and always eat seperate from my kids. So I eat pizza, I eat out, I don't always stay within my range, but I've figured out that I'm finally feeling a difference. I lowered my carbs but it's absolutlely impossible for me to eliminate them. Which is not a horribly bad thing.

Ty. I m seeing that everyone isnt as nice as you would think in a place like this..
    I do still eat " unhealthy" things but when i do try to watch what im eating i end up with a large amount of calories at the end of the day...

just wanted to see what works for everyone else to help me mold my plan... Thanks

No one was mean, AT ALL.
    You were giving advice by two people that lost almost 300lbs.

You didn't like that advice.

I did appreciate the advice. Clearly you dont understand what i was saying.. The only thing i said i had an issue with was his initial comment.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    You can always just eat more of the stuff you are already eating. Instead of eating 4 oz of chicken breast, eat 8 oz, etc. There's nothing wrong with having a couple of cups of ice cream (or oreos, or pizza or a PB&J) at the end of the day if you've already met your protein goal and have the calories left. :smile:
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    You can always just eat more of the stuff you are already eating. Instead of eating 4 oz of chicken breast, eat 8 oz, etc. There's nothing wrong with having a couple of cups of ice cream at the end of the day if you've already met your protein goal and have the calories left. :smile:

Thanks. I was thinking that as well. =)
  • jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi there! It was a snide and sarcastic way of saying that you should know how to eat and if you ask me it was not advice but a burn. So my dear it is best to forget it because some people like to say things to get a reaction. I do also believe that some food can be considered junk for us trying to lose weight, such as foods high in fat, sodium and sugar. Yes it is good to not restrict yourself but it is even better to be mindful of what you eat. When I eat high protein and veggies, I can get full on a 100 calories so I know what you mean. Try eating avocados, nuts, peanut butter, dried apricots, dates, raisins, and even some dark chocolate. When it comes to eating healthy, many of us are IGNORANT!!! Which is why I am glad you took to the time to ask because this site does have a wealth of amazing, hard working, knowledgeable people but some just respond on a whim instead of offering you real advice. Feel free to add me for non-sarcastic support!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    this site does have a wealth of amazing, hard working, knowledgeable people but some just respond on a whim instead of offering you real advice.

She has gotten nothing but helpful advice on this thread, from people who have been there, and done it!

AMAZING!
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Hi there! It was a snide and sarcastic way of saying that you should know how to eat and if you ask me it was not advice but a burn. So my dear it is best to forget it because some people like to say things to get a reaction. I do also believe that some food can be considered junk for us trying to lose weight, such as foods high in fat, sodium and sugar. Yes it is good to not restrict yourself but it is even better to be mindful of what you eat. When I eat high protein and veggies, I can get full on a 100 calories so I know what you mean. Try eating avocados, nuts, peanut butter, dried apricots, dates, raisins, and even some dark chocolate. When it comes to eating healthy, many of us are IGNORANT!!! Which is why I am glad you took to the time to ask because this site does have a wealth of amazing, hard working, knowledgeable people but some just respond on a whim instead of offering you real advice. Feel free to add me for non-sarcastic support!

Thank you !! In any other circumstance i would have just said whatever, people will be people, maybe he didnt think it was rude or blunt but i did.. No advice was given at that point.. Anyway.. over it !! =) Thanks
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    this site does have a wealth of amazing, hard working, knowledgeable people but some just respond on a whim instead of offering you real advice.

She has gotten nothing but helpful advice on this thread, from people who have been there, and done it!

AMAZING!

Please stop trying to keep something going.. If you feel so strongly about this then start a new topic about it or something.
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    As someone else said earlier, eat nuts. They're VERY calorie dense. Plus you get some fats and fiber so it's a win-win. Be sure to weigh them or you could easily go over your calories. 1/4 cup of mixed nuts is usually 170 - 190 calories. (Although to avoid the added salt I'd actually recommend unsalted roasted almonds or walnuts, but that's just me).

Also, even though I mentioned that 1/4 a cup is 170 - 190 calories I'd suggest using a scale rather than a dry cup measurement. It tends to be more accurate.
  • vixylou10
    vixylou10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Little below the belt. She was looking for positive feedback- not criticism and negativity.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Little below the belt. She was looking for positive feedback- not criticism and negativity.

Ty
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    As someone else said earlier, eat nuts. They're VERY calorie dense. Plus you get some fats and fiber so it's a win-win. Be sure to weigh them or you could easily go over your calories. 1/4 cup of mixed nuts is usually 170 - 190 calories. (Although to avoid the added salt I'd actually recommend unsalted roasted almonds or walnuts, but that's just me).

Also, even though I mentioned that 1/4 a cup is 170 - 190 calories I'd suggest using a scale rather than a dry cup measurement. It tends to be more accurate.

Everyone is mentioning nuts so i think i will get some my next trip to the store. Thanks !
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in, too. I love almonds and they're my go-to snack when I'm hungry. They're about 7 cal per almond, though weighing will give you a more accurate number. I also like real butter on toast. A good slather of that will certainly knock out some calories :) Good luck!
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1500-1600 every day, sometimes more. What's a typical day for you, eating wise? Your diary isn't open so I can't see it, but I don't have any problems eating to that number 90% of the time. If you can tell me what you are eating for each meal, I might be able to offer suggestions.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Good Morning ♥ Calories Carbs Chol Protein Sodium Sugar
    Equate weight loss SHAKE - Slim fast, 1 can 325ml 190 25 5 10 190 18 Ico_delete
    Add Food Quick Tools 190 25 5 10 190 18
    Am Snack's ツ
    Add Food Quick Tools
    Lunch ♥
    Meat - Kirkland Signature - Premium Chunk Chicken Breast Canned In Water, 2 oz. drained 60 0 45 13 270 0 Ico_delete
    Spice - Black Pepper - Ground, 1 tsp 5 1 0 0 1 0 Ico_delete
    Mccormick - Dried Minced Onions, 1 tbsp 17 4 0 0 1 2 Ico_delete
    Mccormick - Chicken Flavored Bouillon Cubes, 1 cube (4g) 10 1 0 0 1,170 1 Ico_delete
    Spices - Parsley, dried, 1 tbsp 4 1 0 0 6 0 Ico_delete
    Aldi Happy Harvest - Sliced Carrots - Canned, 1/8 Cup (120g) 8 2 0 0 63 1 Ico_delete
    Corn - Whole Kernel, Canned, 1/8 cup 15 3 0 1 90 2 Ico_delete
    Saltine crackers - Crackers, 4 crackers 48 0 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
    Add Food Quick Tools 167 12 45 14 1,601 6
    PM Snack's ツ
    Lifesaver Wintergreen Mint - Mint, 1 piece 15 4 0 0 0 4 Ico_delete
    Margaret Holmes - Canned Seasoned Collard Greens (Corrected by Nancy 5-13-13), 1/2 cup 35 6 0 2 390 2 Ico_delete
    Onion - Sauteed Chopped Onion, 0.13 cup 22 0 4 0 0 0 Ico_delete
    Add Food Quick Tools 72 10 4 2 390 6
    Dinner♥
    Jax Pub - Caesar Salad Dressing, 2 Tbsp 130 2 15 1 380 1 Ico_delete
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cucumber (8-1/4") 23 5 0 1 3 3 Ico_delete
    Fresh Express - Premium Romaine Salad Mix, 2 cups 20 4 0 1 20 2 Ico_delete
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, cooked, roasted, 1 cup, chopped or diced 231 0 119 43 104 0 Ico_delete
    Add Food Quick Tools 404 11 134 46 507 6
    Extra Stuff
    Add Food Quick Tools

Totals 833 58 188 72 2,688 36
    Your Daily Goal 1,775 245 300 67 2,500 36
    Remaining 942 187 112 -5 -188 0
    Calories Carbs Chol Protein Sodium Sugar
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    ill just open it =)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on having trouble reaching your calorie goal, I know I wish I had that problem. Second, are you sure you're burning as many calories as you think? I know that MFP overestimates, and so does most cardio equipment, so I'd be careful eating back all the calories. I usually eat back about half. Finally, as most people have mentioned, snack on some calorie dense foods, like full fat dairy, nuts, etc. And allow yourself a little freedom in what you eat to meet those goals, you can eat "junk" and lose weight as long as your calorie intake is less than your calorie usage and eating some "junk" doesn't allow you to slip into old eating habits. Just my two cents...I'm still learning myself and struggling a little to stay on track this summer but I have lost 34 lbs so far so I guess I've done something right. Good luck!
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    Thank you !. And yes MFP gives crazy calories for workouts. At the gym i go by the machine and alter the numbers here and sometimes if it think thats off i round down.. Like MFP puts 350 for the circuit i just put 200 to be safe..

And congrats !!