I ate bad food

Options
This morning my boyfriend and daughter went to the store and came home with a couple donuts. My daughter wanted to share one with me so I ate it, it wasn't good not the least bit. After I finished it I was sad because I ate bad food. Since I started counting calories I don't eat food that doesn't taste good and after I finished this half a donut I regretted it. All day it has been popping in my that I finished it and it wasn't good in fact it was awful and tasted like oil and sugar. I have now decided that I will stick with glazed donuts. I think this is bothering more than it should but it was just so bad.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Ah so when you say bad you mean just poor quality and not tasty? I think have all been there, calorie counting or not! We just learn never to eat it again and move on. Or make a donut you do like fit into your day soon to remind you what the good stuff tastes like!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    Prelogging can help with eating food and then regretting it. If I see how many calories something has in advance I'm more likely to decide it's not worth it.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you'll forget it soon enough. I've had this too. I've been counting and logging for more than a year. I'm maintaining at the moment. But ever since I started I stopped eating mediocre/bad tasting food too. It is just not worth the calories. You will get used to it eventually and stop doing it. It is a habit to eat whatever and you will lose it with time.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    There's a thread recently about eating out and being dissapointed about the food choices taste wise. Everyone does it, now you recognize that you don't care for non glazed donuts anymore. Learn from it, and you can move on. The learning process is what makes life interesting :-)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I waste my calories on something that tastes bad.

Oh well a glazed donut never let me down:), so I think your plan is good:).
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Prelogging can help with eating food and then regretting it. If I see how many calories something has in advance I'm more likely to decide it's not worth it.

It's not that it was too many calories it was that it was awful and disappointing. If I want something I make it fit my calories. If it tasted good it would have been fine but it was awful.
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Don't worry, you'll forget it soon enough. I've had this too. I've been counting and logging for more than a year. I'm maintaining at the moment. But ever since I started I stopped eating mediocre/bad tasting food too. It is just not worth the calories. You will get used to it eventually and stop doing it. It is a habit to eat whatever and you will lose it with time.

I usually stop if it's not good but my daughter was so excited to share with me, it would have broke her heart if I didn't eat it.
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    It was probably more important to make your daughter happy by letting her share with you than to worry about the 145 calories or so represented by half a doughnut. It's your daughter you "spent" the calories on, not the doughnut, and that's nothing to regret.

That's why I finished it because it made her happy but it was so disappointing
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    There was a thread the other day about regret after wasting calories on food you didn't enjoy. There's nothing to be done about it once it is gone, but I do agree with you that it's a shame when you waste calories on something that doesn't live up to them.

It is SO much worse when it's an entire meal, especially if you've banked calories for a splurge and then it's dire. Sad panda.
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    There was a thread the other day about regret after wasting calories on food you didn't enjoy. There's nothing to be done about it once it is gone, but I do agree with you that it's a shame when you waste calories on something that doesn't live up to them.

It is SO much worse when it's an entire meal, especially if you've banked calories for a splurge and then it's dire. Sad panda.

My boyfriend is taking me out to lunch for my birthday and I'm trying to pick the perfect restaurant so I don't have that problem.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Not sure how long you've been on this journey but there will be more food disappointments. I went on a short vacay and it seemed everything I ate wasn't that great. I saved calories for the weekend and it was just meh.

Try not to let food determine your moods.
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    Not sure how long you've been on this journey but there will be more food disappointments. I went on a short vacay and it seemed everything I ate wasn't that great. I saved calories for the weekend and it was just meh.

Try not to let food determine your moods.

If it doesn't taste good I stop eating. I would rather go hungry than eat food I don't enjoy and I think that is why it's bothering me so much.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Nothing bad about donuts but it's a pity the one you ate wasn't as delicious as it should have been. There are no bad foods just some are more calorie dense and have little nutrition so need to be eaten in moderation.
    We can enjoy these sort of treats just save calories for them.

My advice is to log it and move on.