Weighing salad dressing

Options
13»

Replies

• SarahStarr86
    SarahStarr86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have seriously hated salad dressing of any kind until I tried the Bolthouse yogurt line. Delicious and calorie friendly? Dream come true for me.

Oh I'm so glad to hear this because I JUST bought the bolthouse creamy balsamic not knowing if it would be good or not. Whats your favorite of the yogurt line?

Yes!!! I've always had to go the full fat hidden valley ranch route because nothing else has compared but ever since I've tried the Bolthouse Ranch, I've never looked back. Sooo good! I'm excited to try out more from the line.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, I just googled and a milliliter of olive oil is only .9 grams.

Which I guess makes sense because oil is lighter than water!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I always use g weighed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, has anyone ever actually weighed a tbsp of dressing to see how close it is from the gram serving size?
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm curious, has anyone ever actually weighed a tbsp of dressing to see how close it is from the gram serving size?

I actually posted up further in the thread. This is how I do it. I measure the serving size then weigh it to get the gram weight. Some dressings have the gram weight included others do not. So that is why I have done it this way.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Cat3141 wrote: »
    your scale may already come with a ML option

You can't convert from weight to volume measurements unless you know the density of the thing you're weighing, and there is no way that comes built in to a standard scale for every item you could be measuring.

OP: As others have said, volume measurements are appropriate for liquids.

Actually you can weigh the measured amount to see what that particular volume weighs on the food scale. This will give you an accurate weight which can be noted for future reference.
  • johnnytype2
    johnnytype2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Put your salad without dressing on the scale. Reset the scale to zero (tare) then pour on your dressing. The weight will ne shown.

this is the ONLY reliable method, tare the food you are adding your dressing to them add. Just measure it in grams. 99.9% will have the nutritional value of 100g on the side of the jar. if you add 25g just divide by 4. simples!