Women with broad shoulders

Options
13»

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    i have broad shoulders and I show off those Mofo's out like it's nobody's business... it's a sign of stregth and pull those babies back and that's confidence.

OWN IT!
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    <
    Thanks everyone for boosting up my confidence. You know what I'm just going to wear my tank top! I just posted a new profile pic on here! Well here it is, haha!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Your shoulders don't look broad to me and I don't think anyone cares what other people wear to the gym (as long as you are adequately covered and don't stink).
  • 1PearlyMargaret
    1PearlyMargaret Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Own it! Broad shoulders do an amazing job making our lower half appear smaller (even is not the case). They are sexy, strong, and wholly sassy! I have broad shoulders and feel they are a blessing. I pump very hard on my upper body to accentuate what has naturally been "given" to me. It's a gift! Use your broad shoulders to an advantage! Stand tall with shoulders back. Broad shoulders are so sexy, men and women both whole have broad shoulders are so lucky, embrace what has naturally been given to you! That's apart f loving yourself. And no one can do that (loving yourself) better than you!
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    You can't help how your bone structure is - i feel the same way about myself, i have broader shoulders and MASSIVE hips, when i met my ex-boyfriends Nan, she tugged on hs sleeve and whispered (loudly so the whole room could hear) 'Good choice, she has very nice child bearing hips!'

You dont have a profile pic, so no one can 'help you judge' but you are probably not as bad as you think you are, i have been told countless times by people im nlot as broad as i think i am, and my sister, a teeny tiny size UK 4 has a wierd shape, small boobs, no bum and normal sized hips, she thinks it is REALLY bad and obvious, and continues to tone even though shes starting to not look so good because she has become so paranois about it, when in reality, you dont notice the very slight disproportion until she wears a bikini AND points it out... but for her it is a major deal and completely obvious.

Also the link below isn't bad advice for that kind of shape, maybe that might help you?
    http://winknpout.wordpress.com/2013/10/11/how-to-dress-for-wide-shoulders/
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I used to hate mine so much, but then people would always tell me that they were jealous of them. And hello, models usually have broad shoulders. Now, I think they actually frame the body nicely :)
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    used to hate mine too but my hips are wide so why not broad shoulders to even out
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    used to hate mine too but my hips are wide so why not broad shoulders to even out

Bleu I have narrow hips though, so the only thing I wish is to have wider ones to better match my shoulder lol
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    i got the hourglass figure, fr053n
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I think my broad shoulders look way better in halter tops instead of tank tops especially tank tops with spaghetti straps. Those don't look good on broad shoulders to me.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the 80s when every clothing item had shoulder pads in it. Compared to the cast of Dynasty and Falcon Crest, there's not a woman alive who has shoulders that are too broad.

I grew up in the 80s and was told quite a few times how lucky I was to have broad shoulders, because I wouldn't need shoulder pads. My mum, who also has broad shoulders, used to remove the shoulder pads in jackets, blouses and stuff because she didn't need them. I think this kind of thing does help girls to grow up with a positive body image. It also shows that fashions change and we shouldn't let that make us hate our own bodies... fashion is fickle we should love what we have, and learn to dress the right way for our body type, even if it's not exactly what's in fashion right now.
  • neandermagnon
    Options

Bleu I have narrow hips though, so the only thing I wish is to have wider ones to better match my shoulder lol

I have quite narrow hips relative to my shoulders.... and I used to have a skillet butt but I worked damn hard to get a squat butt and that's evened my shoulders out nicely :)
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I was going to reply to this regarding my own broad shoulders, until I realized this thread isn't new and I already replied - a year ago.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    I was going to reply to this regarding my own broad shoulders, until I realized this thread isn't new and I already replied - a year ago.

yeah and me lol... but then I saw that thread about 80s fashion and shoulder pads :drinker:
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

yeah and me lol... but then I saw that thread about 80s fashion and shoulder pads :drinker:

I looked like a football player in anything with shoulder pads! Lol