Does eyesight improve with weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome if it did. I am pretty much blind without my contacts/glasses - I'd love to be able to see better!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Um... I don't know. My guess would be that it does not. And that possibly you were given glasses when your eyes were strained and they have since recovered.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well, pregnancy can cause eyesight changes. Not saying you are pregnant but if you've recently lost a lot of water weight it may somehow be related.

From WebMD:
    Many pregnant women retain fluids. This common side effect can change the thickness and shape of your cornea. That can lead to distorted vision.
  • stuwu10
    stuwu10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My eyesight deteriorated as my weight increased to 280lbs/125+kg. Type 2 diabetes was barely under control. Last October double vision resulted in a glasses prescription with a prism. With the help of MyFitnessPal and exercise I have lost 77lb/35kg. Wearing my prismed glasses I recently noticed the double vision had returned. So I started to take them off only to notice that while not perfect I could read and see things clearer. No double vision either. I decided to revert to a previous pair of specs with no prism and can see perfectly. I’m even watching tv with no glasses. I will take some convincing that weight loss doesn’t help restore vision.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @stuwu10 That's great. I'm happy for you. Nice going all the way around for the 77lb weight releasing. Goodbye and farewell 77 lbs. ;)