Getting question all the time

2»

Replies

• youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    I think it would blow some people's minds if they discovered that some people lose weight to improve their physical activity rather than being physically active to lose weight.

Yeah, no kidding! Sometimes I've been in "lose 3-5 lbs mode" as I was picking up my running mileage. People couldn't get it at all. And explaining the extra seconds you end up with for your mile time per extra pound you're carrying around didn't help ...
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    That's because most people think in terms of "diets" and when they lose weight they go back to their "non-diet" eating. That is why so many people that lose weight gain it back. I will not always have to eat at a deficit, but I will always have to pay attention to what I am eating so that I don't eat more calories than I burn. I also get people who don't understand why I'm still watching what I eat even though I have lost the weight I was trying to lose.

You sum up the situation properly. It's not a diet we're on but on a lifestyle change also we've educated ourselves as far as food and how it affects us it's like anything else it's a lifetime commitment. Yes people don't understand why we do it but we fully understand the consequences are going back to the old habits