Quest Bars and Lenny and Larry's Complete Cookie

I love Quest bars especially when they are heated in the microwave for 10 seconds. The best kind is double chocolate chunk and s'mores. I love their high protein and fibre content and how sustaining they are.

Also I love Lenny and Larry's Complete Vegan Cookie because of their protein content. The best kind is Snickerdoodle I think especially when they are heated in the microwave for 30 seconds YUM. I try and only eat these on the weekend because they still have quite a bit of sugar.

Do you like either of these snacks? If yes, what are your favourite flavours?

Also, what other kinds of snacks with protein in them do you like? I also like protein shakes (Titan protein powder) and Bounce protein balls.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I liked the cookie when I thought it was one serving but 600 calories or whatever they are for a cookie is way too much for me. I do like the chocolate and cookie flavors of Quest bars.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    i love lenny & larrys (peanut butter & chocolate chip) dont get to eat them much cause the calorie count. & quest bars are good - smores, cookies & cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, & mint. Recently started snacking on the fitjoy bars birthday cake, french almond vanilla & pumpkin are my favs high 20g protein about 220 for cals, & mighty muffins the double chocolate muffin is 20g 220 cal
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited February 2017
    I liked the cookie when I thought it was one serving but 600 calories or whatever they are for a cookie is way too much for me. I do like the chocolate and cookie flavors of Quest bars.

i think its 190 per 2oz and the cookie is 4oz so if my math is write 380 per cookie. thats exactly why i have to split the cookie into 2 seperate days.. dont get them as often as i did
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »

i think its 190 per 2oz and the cookie is 4oz so if my math is write 380 per cookie. thats exactly why i have to split the cookie into 2 seperate days.. dont get them as often as i did

I can never control myself to only eat half a cookie :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I love the double chocolate peanut butter swirl and the white chocolate macadamia Lenny and Larry cookies, but the others were not worth the 500 calories for me. Even then... absolutely not filling at all so definitely only a once in a while thing.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Love both. The blueberry muffin Quest bar is my all time fav, but LL Snickerdoodles are the bomb. And filling too. Not too crazy about the other L&L flavors (and I've tried them all).
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    edited February 2017
    Has anyone tried heating Quest bars or Lenny and Larry's cookies in the microwave? They taste so much better heated...
    vnb_208 wrote: »

I can never control myself to only eat half a cookie :(

Me too I've never been able to eat only half a cookie.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love the double chocolate peanut butter swirl and the white chocolate macadamia Lenny and Larry cookies, but the others were not worth the 500 calories for me. Even then... absolutely not filling at all so definitely only a once in a while thing.

Awesome flavours! A whole cookie is 360 calories. How many calories are you eating per day?

nowine4me wrote: »
    Love both. The blueberry muffin Quest bar is my all time fav, but LL Snickerdoodles are the bomb. And filling too. Not too crazy about the other L&L flavors (and I've tried them all).

I've never seen the blueberry muffin Quest bar but would love to try. The Snickerdoodle is probably the best cookie ever, I can't believe how good it is. Even better than choc chip! :D
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    I love most flavors of LL cookie but I think my favorite is birthday cake. I do eat half a cookie because that's what a serving is. I also love most quest bar flavors I've tried. I've never tried warming them up so that's on the menu next.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »

This would be my answer as well. Luckily, I'm currently bulking, so I could eat 10+ whole LL Snickerdoodles every day, were I so inclined.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I make my own protein cookies from The Protein Chef's website. From what I'm reading here, they're a lot less calorific than L&L's.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I make my own protein cookies from The Protein Chef's website. From what I'm reading here, they're a lot less calorific than L&L's.

Honestly, the LLs are more like Clif bars than protein bars anyway. Higher carb, lower protein.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Nevr tried the cookies - those are too high in calories for a snack, for me. I have tried the cookie dough Quest bar, it was just okay. I don't really get the appeal. I noticed they were on sale at my grocer's last night, and decided to try another flavor - lemon. We'll see how that goes.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Every time I go to grab a Lenny and Larry's, I look at the calories and macros and put it back down.
  • domeofstars
    edited February 2017
    Nevr tried the cookies - those are too high in calories for a snack, for me. I have tried the cookie dough Quest bar, it was just okay. I don't really get the appeal. I noticed they were on sale at my grocer's last night, and decided to try another flavor - lemon. We'll see how that goes.

Lemon is the worst kind and horrible. I recommend the double chocolate chunk, you will not go wrong. You can eat it at room temp but if you want your taste buds to explode with joy, I highly recommend heating it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. You will not be sorry.

kwtilbury wrote: »
    Every time I go to grab a Lenny and Larry's, I look at the calories and macros and put it back down.

Yes they're definetly not an 'everyday' food....
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Love Quest chocolate chip cookie dough and Lenny and Larry's chocolate chip cookie. The L&L cookies can now also be found in 2 oz sizes, making it a lot easier to only have one serving.
  • domeofstars
    Love Quest chocolate chip cookie dough and Lenny and Larry's chocolate chip cookie. The L&L cookies can now also be found in 2 oz sizes, making it a lot easier to only have one serving.

Ooh I want them in that smaller size. They really should have done that to begin with. Its misleading to have nutrition information for half a cookie on the back. I'm in Australia so I wonder how long it will take for the places near me to start stocking that smaller size. I'm thinking 5 years
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    I JUST noticed today that the LL cookies were 2 servings! Very very misleading. I've been eating them as a mid day snack before working out. Luckily they're not killing my calorie count and I only eat them on the days I workout...but still! Hopefully I can find the 2 oz versions.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    They're too expensive to be beneficial in anyway. Id rather have a scoop of whey, flax seed, soy milk, peanut butter, banana, and spinach in a shake.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    NenaM812 wrote: »
    I JUST noticed today that the LL cookies were 2 servings! Very very misleading. I've been eating them as a mid day snack before working out. Luckily they're not killing my calorie count and I only eat them on the days I workout...but still! Hopefully I can find the 2 oz versions.

I went at least a year before realizing that I was eating two servings instead of one. Learned to read food labels carefully the hard way.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member

Lemon is the worst kind and horrible. I recommend the double chocolate chunk, you will not go wrong. You can eat it at room temp but if you want your taste buds to explode with joy, I highly recommend heating it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. You will not be sorry.

kwtilbury wrote: »

Yes they're definetly not an 'everyday' food....

I hear good things but have never tried.. If I ever have room for that many calories I always decide I'd rather just get a regular cookie