Replies

• boxingblondemom
    boxingblondemom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eggs over easy.. Let the yolk run over top of the veggies. Yum
  • Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Should i tell u my favourite eggs..... Cadburys cream eggs haha so as easter is coming how do you eat yours lol
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Should i tell u my favourite eggs..... Cadburys cream eggs haha so as easter is coming how do you eat yours lol

I never liked those Cadbury cream eggs ...now chocolate peanut butter eggs is a different story :p
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Scrambled or hard boiled
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My favourite are chocolate eggs, but since it can't have too many of those, fried or poached...or anyway really.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options

I've never found peeling eggs to be a problem, but I like learning quirky techniques like this, so I decided to try it. Didn't have any hard-boiled eggs on hand, so I boiled some water in a pot, set my steamer insert in it, and plopped my eggs in, using the steamer method which I only learned recently, but really like -- quicker and more efficient, since you're heating less water, and my unquantified impression is that fewer eggs break this way, because the eggs don't move around and bounce off each other. I'm still trying to find the perfect amount of time -- it seems to be somewhere in the 13 to 15 minutes range.

Anyway, I walked back to check on them about 10 mnutes later, and realized I had left the lid off, and the water was nearly gone. I added more water and put the lid on, and wondered how much extra time to give the eggs because the lid was off -- I went with a total of 16 minutes, because I don't like my eggs overcooked.

So, I put one of the eggs in a glass with a water and shook it -- and liquid yolk started leaking out! I pulled it out and slurped the egg from the shell holding it in my hand over the sink. Yum! I've never really eaten soft-boiled eggs, but I may be a convert! Now I just have to figure out how to eat them. Do I really need an egg cup and special shears to take the top of the shell off?

Anyway, my advice on the shaking-the-egg-in-a-glass method of peeling is to make sure you're starting with hard-boiled eggs. It did seem like it would work well, as half the shell fell away when I pulled the soft-boiled egg out.
  • Hensonator1084
    Options
    Very good so much you can do with eggs i love them
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    A friend of mine mixes scrambled egg and rice. I love rice but haven't plucked up the courage to put egg with mine yet.

Scrambled eggs in rice are amazing. :) I usually add a tiny dribble of soy sauce to the rice as well. I went to high school with lots of Filipino kids, and I got it from them. I've seen several of them eat it as a breakfast food actually. :)

Also yummy, if you like raw tomatoes: Cut a small tomato into really tiny cubes (Probably best to remove the gel-like seeds first, although I just leave them there), put them in a shallow bowl and dribble a bit of soy sauce (Just a little, otherwise it's going to be REALLY salty) over them, mix it up and put it in the fridge while your rice boils. When the rice is ready, drain and add scrambled eggs, then pour the tomato/soy sauce mixture in as well. Enjoy!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I eat so many eggs! And I add them to lots of my normal meals. Usually soft-boiled or sunny-side or over easy. Poached are also great, but I have better luck with soft boiled.
    Some interesting egg peeling info: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/the-secrets-to-peeling-hard-boiled-eggs.html

Soft boiled - in ramen, over steamed rice with avocado and hot sauce, on toast topped with ricotta and herbs, over pasta with an olive oil or butter-based sauce

Over easy - sandwiches

Sunny side- eating plain, most of the ways I eat soft boiled, over hash or roasted vegetables, over risotto or pasta, over sauteed spinach and mushrooms, huevos rancheros
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Scrambled hard or over hard. That runny yolk mess makes me gag.

I also like hard boiled, but I really only like the white part with tons of salt and/or seasoning. Deviled eggs are also my favorite because the yolk is replaced with something I like better.
  • Hensonator1084
    Options
    Love eggs but iv only ever tried chicken eggs, i need to venture out i wouldnt mind an ostritch egg i could live of one for a week lol
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My favourite two ways to do eggs is 1) scrambled with a dash of milk mixed in (makes them fluffy...old Irish trick), then placed on a flour tortilla with three tbsp salsa to make a breakfast burrito and 2) as part of a mushroom, onion and parsley omelet with an English muffin on the side.
  • patatina2016
    patatina2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Egg salad!!! With low fat mayo, salt, pepper, and a little Dijon mustard. Yum!!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    scrambled w/jalapenos, spinach, and goat cheese. If I'm lazy - just over easy w/salt and pepper.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Shakshuka. *drools* It's on the Ash Wednesday menu at the Viking Hus and I've been thinking about it all. damn. day.
  • 64heyjude
    64heyjude Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Any way you can come up with! Easy peel - add some baking soda to your water when boiling. Start in cold water, bring to a boil, turn off heat, let sit on burner for 5 min., drain & add ice water, cool. Peels come right off.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I bought a Sunbeam egg cooker. Does 6 boiled or 2 poached to perfection. And so easy to use. Best thing ever.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs, egg salad sandwich, scrambled egg with onion and cheese
    When I was a kid I like a fried egg sandwich with mustard. I haven't had that for years.
  • MaggieS712
    MaggieS712 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hate eggs all ways
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    MaggieS712 wrote: »
    Hate eggs all ways

That's crazy talk.