Dropping pant sizes?-female

Options
How many pounds did you lose before you dropped a pant size? Also, I guess height and frame size make a difference too.

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I lost 63lbs last year I dropped 4 dress sizes not much exercise
    In 2012 I lose 71lbs with tons exercise I dropped 6 dress sizes

To drop those inches lift weights do some cardio drink that water :)
  • SarahStarr86
    SarahStarr86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It seems to be about 10 pounds will drop a shirt and pants size for me.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    It's been a while so I don't remember specifics, but I'm pear shaped and losing around 50lbs brought me from size 14 jeans, down to size 4s (current weight 128lbs).
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    50 to drop a size and even then I probably really had no business buying the smaller size but I refused to wear a larger size anymore. Really depends on your body type and how you lose. Previously I had lost weight and was going down sizes like crazy - I was way smaller at a larger poundage, but then I gained most of it back and the second time around I was much much larger even at a lower weight.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    85 pounds down and iv only lost 1 pant size XD LOL its weird because my legs slimmed right up but this booty wont go away -.- had to start wearing leggings to avoid loose on the leg jeans and over tight booty. Have to wear jeans for work xD
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    15 lbs got me from squeezing into an XL to fitting an XL. Another 13 lbs got me down to a large but not yet a medium.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on body type, current size, and the cut of pants. I usually noticed that my dress size went down first
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    10 to 20 pounds. Stretch garments can last me through almost 30 pounds though!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • goingoffthegrid135
    Options
    Depends on what size you start at. If you're talking size 24 down to 22, someone might have to lose 30 lbs or more to drop a size. But when you're relatively lean, say 12 heading for 10, it would take a lot less, perhaps 10 lbs or so. It varies from person to person, of course (we don't all lose weight in the same places at the same time!) but in general the higher your original size, the more weight you'll have to lose before you need a smaller size.

In my case, I didn't really notice because I started out pretty big and wearing elastic pants and dresses. I have wide hips even at a low weight, so even when the elastic pants got really loose my hips kept them from just falling off. But I have probably about 10 lbs between sizes 32 and 30 (the jeans I wear are measured in inches rather than the weird American sizing) at my lowest weights. :)
    I am starting heavier, 255. I'm thinking I will be the 20lbs to drop a size type.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5'2" Pear
    Starting 151 lbs about 32 in waist and 43 in hips
    I have been spending a lot of time at the gym.
    Now 146 lbs 29 in waist and 41 in hips
    Lost 2 pant sizes
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Depends on what size you start at. If you're talking size 24 down to 22, someone might have to lose 30 lbs or more to drop a size. But when you're relatively lean, say 12 heading for 10, it would take a lot less, perhaps 10 lbs or so. It varies from person to person, of course (we don't all lose weight in the same places at the same time!) but in general the higher your original size, the more weight you'll have to lose before you need a smaller size.

In my case, I didn't really notice because I started out pretty big and wearing elastic pants and dresses. I have wide hips even at a low weight, so even when the elastic pants got really loose my hips kept them from just falling off. But I have probably about 10 lbs between sizes 32 and 30 (the jeans I wear are measured in inches rather than the weird American sizing) at my lowest weights. :)
    I am starting heavier, 255. I'm thinking I will be the 20lbs to drop a size type.

your starting a bit heavier thn me and i still havent seen the change and im now 147 i hope your not like me its frustrating losing 85 pounds and seeing no change in clothes sizes xD Although i do look alot beter the numbers just wont change
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 sizes while losing 15lbs but it's not consistent throughout brands and styles.

I'm 5'3" pear shaped as well.
    Starting weight: 157
    Current weight: 142

I lift and eat at a small deficit.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Generally 10 to 15 pounds. This has held true for me throughout my weight fluctuations between 130 and 200 pounds.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Probably 15 pounds? I went from a 14 to a 6 pant size in 7 months losing about 55 pounds.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I went from 225 to 195 (I'm 5'1") and I went from a 20 to a 16.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My weight has fluctuated over the past 5 years because of recovery from surgeries and having a baby, I'm 5'6'' and pear shaped for reference.

155 - size 10
    145 - size 8
    138 - size 6
    132 - size 4

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Each 10lbs saw me drop a dress size - went from UK 14-16 to a UK 8-10.