March-10,000 Steps a day

Options
ValleyHooper
ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
MARCH- 10,000 STEPS A DAY!

I'm challenging you to take 10,000+ steps every single day of the entire month of March. I don't care if you walk, jog, or run just get those steps in. You can do it!

If you want to create a ticker to help keep track of your step progress you can go to www.tickerfactory.com and create one. Copy the code and you can paste it in here.
You've got this!! I am right here with you all. Let's do this!!! Who's with me? :)

Walking-Guy-1.gifd030238a255a6444c363ad44ca0abd84.jpgWalking01x640x400.jpg

Replies

• ValleyHooper
    Options
    I am so happy to have you join the challenge. :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was planning on doing a similar personal challenge for March, so I'd like to join in! The more the merrier, right? :)

However, I don't count my daily steps. Outside of exercise I live a sedentary life with a sedentary job so I will be count my fitness miles.

I'm planning to get in 5 miles a day doing a mix of the following:

- Outdoor walks/jogs whenever I can depending on the weather.
    - Using my mini-stair stepper. Going 15 minutes at a steady pace gives me 1 mile.
    - Walking dvd's (Leslie Sansone, Jessica Smith etc.)

Thank you for starting this challenge. Walking was my main form of exercise when I lost 80 pounds and it helps me to easily maintain my weight.

Have a great day ladies!
  • danidurham35
    danidurham35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to start this challenge!
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    Welcome to the 10,000 steps challenge. :)
    Just a few more days until the challenge. I am so ready for this!!
    Happy to have more join in.
  • billdwyatt
    billdwyatt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I've been a member of myfitnesspal for several years and this is the first challenge I've ever done. I am half a pound from my all-time high and it's scared me into doing something about it. NOW! I'm on medication that makes weight gain easy and weight loss very difficult, but I've got to do something. Fitbit is my friend!

exercise.png

• melaniegts
    melaniegts Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • BorderSpice
    BorderSpice Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in. Are we tracking here? If so, how? This is only my 2nd day with the app.
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    I am in. Are we tracking here? If so, how? This is only my 2nd day with the app.

Yes, we will be tracking how many steps a day we take during the month of March.... the goal obviously being 10,000 steps or more.

Do you have any type of fitness band that tracks steps taken? If you do not have anything that tracks your steps don't worry. Just aim to walk 30 mins or more a day and you will be good. Just getting out there walking every day will do wonders. Good luck!
  • Don_WM_
    Don_WM_ Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I usually do 10,000 every work day. The challenge will be the weekends. I'm in! If I can figure out this ticker thing... :blush:
  • SMKrums
    SMKrums Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! This also is my first challenge and what I need to get myself going again.
  • annteja
    annteja Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in :D
  • Don_WM_
    Don_WM_ Posts: 262 Member
    Options
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • BorderSpice
    BorderSpice Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Yes, we will be tracking how many steps a day we take during the month of March.... the goal obviously being 10,000 steps or more.

Do you have any type of fitness band that tracks steps taken? If you do not have anything that tracks your steps don't worry. Just aim to walk 30 mins or more a day and you will be good. Just getting out there walking every day will do wonders. Good luck!

I have a samsung gear fit. I am in the process of getting it set up with MFP.
  • jenalexsarah
    jenalexsarah Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am in! I am starting out really using this app it's time to get to work!

exercise.png

• kkeller011
    kkeller011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in! Excited to do this challenge.
  • SarahJoyFrost
    SarahJoyFrost Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am totally In!

exercise.png
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member