Sweets and calories

Options
Does anyone eat sweets within their calorie allotment ? I feel guilty doing that ? Will I still lose. ?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I sweets all the time, I make them fit into my food intake for the day. No guilt.
  • Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Do you still lose
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I like having a sweet treat regularly. It helps me feel like I'm not on a diet. Definitely no guilt. Although I used to feel that way. Letting go of the guilt and the good and bad labels on foods was the best thing I've done. No more guilt. I eat foods I enjoy, including a varied selection which helps me meet my goals, including sweets.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs in 12 months, and have kept the weight off for nearly a year so far since then, and I ate/eat dessert every single day. Everything in moderation.
  • chescaandsam
    chescaandsam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Since I've been using my fitness pal I have lost 14lb and I still eat chocolate. I just make sure it fit's into my calories for the day. I have found several different sweet treats which are areound or under 100 calories. This means I can still eat a reasonable amount throughout the day and still enjoy my sweet treat in the evening.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There's nothing magical about calories in sweets that will make you gain or not lose if you stay under your calories.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Tonight I'm having sweets in my dessert - 25g (woopdedoo!) in my homemade frozen yoghurt/cacao and berry mix. It fits my macros perfectly.

I don't feel guilty... It's just food. I've eaten plenty of vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want within your calorie goal. You'll still lose weight. Eating a lot of junk isn't optimal for your health and fitness, though.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    i have cut out all sweets because you dont lose if you eat chocolate in a day

That's a joke, right? ;)
  • RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have Cadburys everyday smeared with peanut butter. I lose around 1lb a week, sometimes more, sometimes less :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    i have cut out all sweets because you dont lose if you eat chocolate in a day

That's a joke, right? ;)

this is serious stuff

It's bunk. Of course you can lose if you eat chocolate, as long as you remain in a calorie deficit.