What's the story behind your profile picture?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I dunno

As a fan of the Tesla Model 3 I assume you chose it because you are hoping scientist find life on Mars. If there is abundant microbial life on Mars, I suspect that we will find it within 20 years—if it is enough like our form of life. If an alien life-form differs much from what we have here on Earth, it is going to be difficult to detect. It’s also possible that any surviving Martian microbes are rare and located in places that are difficult for a robotic lander to reach. Jupiter’s moon Europa and Saturn’s moon Titan are more compelling places. Europa is a water world where more complex forms of life may have evolved. And Titan is probably the most interesting place in the solar system to look for life. It is rich in organic molecules but very cold and has no liquid water; if life exists on Titan, it will be very different from life on Earth.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I dunno

As a fan of the Tesla Model 3 I assume you chose it because you are hoping scientist find life on Mars. If there is abundant microbial life on Mars, I suspect that we will find it within 20 years—if it is enough like our form of life. If an alien life-form differs much from what we have here on Earth, it is going to be difficult to detect. It’s also possible that @MeeseeksAndDestroy is a thespian, and any surviving Martian microbes are rare and located in places that are difficult for a robotic lander to reach. Jupiter’s moon Europa and Saturn’s moon Titan are more compelling places. Europa is a water world where more complex forms of life may have evolved. And Titan is probably the most interesting place in the solar system to look for life. It is rich in organic molecules but very cold and has no liquid water; if life exists on Titan, it will be very different from life on Earth.

Of course. That and Pop-Tarts.

Go on...

2iyppkpdusr4.gif
    v8c3lbpg7ckv.gif
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    way to homely to show my entire face...
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I had a lunch date that day. Thought I looked good. Took a pic. I later added the filter for the hell of it.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's from my business card
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just finished killing myself on the treadmill and figured I'd snap a motivating selfie!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I dunno

As a fan of the Tesla Model 3 I assume you chose it because you are hoping scientist find life on Mars. If there is abundant microbial life on Mars, I suspect that we will find it within 20 years—if it is enough like our form of life. If an alien life-form differs much from what we have here on Earth, it is going to be difficult to detect. It’s also possible that @MeeseeksAndDestroy is a thespian, and any surviving Martian microbes are rare and located in places that are difficult for a robotic lander to reach. Jupiter’s moon Europa and Saturn’s moon Titan are more compelling places. Europa is a water world where more complex forms of life may have evolved. And Titan is probably the most interesting place in the solar system to look for life. It is rich in organic molecules but very cold and has no liquid water; if life exists on Titan, it will be very different from life on Earth.

Of course. That and Pop-Tarts.

Go on...

2iyppkpdusr4.gif
    v8c3lbpg7ckv.gif

Wow!

I don't know if I should be entertained, inspired or aroused by these gifs.

*shrug

... I reckon I'll go with: aroused
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I dunno

<3<3<3
  • dfein001
    dfein001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used to go on duty a little later two days a week. On those days I would enjoy a cigar before my shift.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Before and after pics...75 pounds down
  • hopiemama33
    hopiemama33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine is from two years ago.... I was dating a man who, at that time, I was really happy with and I think it shows in this photo. We broke up later, but I still like the picture.
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I took a photo of my face so you could fantasize.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Taken at Flying Pig Marathon.
  • trishmac8457
    trishmac8457 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Just a selfie of me and my best girl :)
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    nomorepuke wrote: »
    Valentine's Day Flower

I'm more interested in your user name ;). If I'm not being forward, though, your profile pick is very impressive. As for me...I'm just a fan.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Well when it comes to hair of the face it’s not about the length it’s about how you use it

This is a 3mm blend, mixed with wood and spice beard oil for maximum impact
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I’m a native New Yorker. When I moved out of NY two years ago I turned one of those really annoying, borderline conceited NY’ers who has to mention “I’m from New York” at least once during every conversation :D;)