Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I just stick with butter.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Since I am gluten free, I use baked potatoes in place of the bread for cheesesteaks and chicken cheesesteaks. I saute onions, mushrooms, peppers and meat with garlic, worchestershire sauce and soy sauce. So yummy!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    Baked yams or sweet potatoes are naturally more moist than regular potatoes and have more vitamins/nutrients. I'll usually just grind some rainbow pepper on a baked sweet potato and it makes a lovely lunch.

i will just say it's awesome to see someone else who eats sweet potatoes with some pepper or a more "savoury" preperation like i do. The ladies in my old office used to cringe when i ate them with butter, salt and pepper and question why i'm not eating it with brown sugar, marshmallows / fluff, etc.

Until MFP I didn't know this was a thing. other than say honey roasted to have with a roast dinner but that was still for savoury eating. So I have never had them loaded with sweet things!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    DonM46 wrote: »
    When I started MFP, I always ate them dry.
    Got used to it.
    Now, on maintenance when I could afford the extra calories, I STILL eat them dry.
    Can taste the potato, not all the additives.
    I eat the skin, too.

additives in butter?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    Baked yams or sweet potatoes are naturally more moist than regular potatoes and have more vitamins/nutrients. I'll usually just grind some rainbow pepper on a baked sweet potato and it makes a lovely lunch.

i will just say it's awesome to see someone else who eats sweet potatoes with some pepper or a more "savoury" preperation like i do. The ladies in my old office used to cringe when i ate them with butter, salt and pepper and question why i'm not eating it with brown sugar, marshmallows / fluff, etc.

Add chili powder or some chili/lime salt. Delicious. I don't really like sweet applications for sweet potatoes.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges are great to nix both the cheese and butter. There's several different flavors, too, so you don't get bored.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I bake my potatoes in a casserole dish, covered, with a little bit of water on the bottom. A few holes in the taters with a fork. They never come out dry. They are delicious and soft; all i need is a little pepper .
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    A-1 steak sauce is amazing on baked potatoes.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I eat sweet potatoes (naked) for just that reason -- they don't get as dry. But if I do eat a regular tater, I use fat free Greek yogurt.