eating and exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    I don't know my exact calorie burn via exercise...so coming from where I was which was between 1700-1900 calories a day to now 1550 including exercise, I think is a great starting deficit

No-one really knows the exact number, you don't have to know it to be successful.
    If you are doing the TDEE method then don't fiddle about with little adjustments.

An extra hour is pretty irrelevant over the course of a week or month.
    You certainly don't need to fuel just an hour of cardio.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I think OP is attempting to use the TDEE method, not NEAT. If it's just a one off I wouldn't even think about it, at most you're getting what, 300 calories from a workout? Spread that over the week and it becomes pretty negligible in the grand scheme of things.

1550 sounds low for working out every day for an hour or more

I usually work out 6 days a week...4 days weights and three days cardio, an hour each session, just once a week I work out with weight in the am and come back for cardio at night..MFP told I should be eating 1380 so that plus some exercise I figure 1550 is a good start...
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    zfitgal wrote: »
    I don't know my exact calorie burn via exercise...so coming from where I was which was between 1700-1900 calories a day to now 1550 including exercise, I think is a great starting deficit

No-one really knows the exact number, you don't have to know it to be successful.
    If you are doing the TDEE method then don't fiddle about with little adjustments.

An extra hour is pretty irrelevant over the course of a week or month.
    You certainly don't need to fuel just an hour of cardio.

Thank you