For those that struggled with the last 10 lbs

Options

Replies

• Onyx_MCG
    Onyx_MCG Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HIIT will help you with losing the last 10lbs.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    For me it is a combination of things - Yes to the margin or error becomes so tiny that it is harder
    Yes to the motivation is harder
    But I also think - so it takes longer those last few kgs, longer than all of the Kgs before on average - Well so be it. My body is still changing - I am still loosing (though a lot lot slower) I'll get there .............eventually
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Same as what @astroamy says. I've lost 70 with 10 to go (goal weight 135, I'm 5-7), but the deficit is steep and the margin of error is razor thin. It's a battle. I can eat 1800 and lose, but literally, one glass of wine or scoop of peanut butter sets me back. I'm beginning to think its just not worth it.
    Deciding what to aim for is challenging; I'm 5'7" and losing less overall (my high weight was about 170; currently 155). I think I'm going to be fine with 150 as an attainable, healthy, and easy-ish to maintain goal.

I'm fortunate that I started my loss in January, and now that it's April-ish I'm back on my bike. So my activity is naturally kicking up a few hours of cardio/week as I get to the home stretch on weight loss. Without a big lifestyle/activity change, it was getting tough to stick to an ever shrinking calorie target.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Same as what @astroamy says. I've lost 70 with 10 to go (goal weight 135, I'm 5-7), but the deficit is steep and the margin of error is razor thin. It's a battle. I can eat 1800 and lose, but literally, one glass of wine or scoop of peanut butter sets me back. I'm beginning to think its just not worth it.
    Deciding what to aim for is challenging; I'm 5'7" and losing less overall (my high weight was about 170; currently 155). I think I'm going to be fine with 150 as an attainable, healthy, and easy-ish to maintain goal.

I'm fortunate that I started my loss in January, and now that it's April-ish I'm back on my bike. So my activity is naturally kicking up a few hours of cardio/week as I get to the home stretch on weight loss. Without a big lifestyle/activity change, it was getting tough to stick to an ever shrinking calorie target.

Same here. I want to hover around 120, but I am not completely sure of how my weight goal corisponds to my fitness goal
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread. But it's a really good one. Especially now that many of us have been at this since at least January and might be approaching our goal weight. Personally I've been at it for 16 months and the last 10 have been elusive. I tried to run a small deficit (.5 per week) for 5 months -- to no avail. The smallest slips were pushing me into maintenance. So, I've decided to put #1 in this article into play........1300 calories for 6 weeks. You can do anything for 6 weeks, right? Even if that doesn't get me to the finish line, I'm hopeful it will be a kick start. What is everyone else doing as we push towards bikini season?

Though I'm not a man, I love this article: http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-loss/burn-fat-fast/15-ways-lose-last-10-pounds

Ok I absolutely don't see the point of making myself miserable for 6 weeks just to lose some vanity pounds.

And yeah, I burn 2400 calories a day on a lazy day, I can't even imagine eating 1300 calories... ever.
  • Islander4Life
    Islander4Life Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I feel the same way. I work really hard all week, but one bad meal, small blizzard, or one over-eat out at dinner at the end of the week and I'm right back to square one. Its definitely a thin line when its down to the last 10 lbs. I'll have to work harder and skip the high calorie meals that put me too far over that day.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...the margin of error becomes so tiny that it is harder...

This sounds about right. That last 5 was ugly slow... :p