For those that struggled with the last 10 lbs

Options

Replies

• goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Having trouble with emotional eat ing this week.
  • northdog
    northdog Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 more lbs to lose to reach my goal (10 more to a healthy weight) and it's hard. To lose a pound a week, I have to consume 1350 calories. This doesn't include what I eat back after exercising. It's really tough sticking to that amount.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    northdog wrote: »
    I have about 20 more lbs to lose to reach my goal (10 more to a healthy weight) and it's hard. To lose a pound a week, I have to consume 1350 calories. This doesn't include what I eat back after exercising. It's really tough sticking to that amount.

For me, 1,300 calories per day + exercise would be 1 lb. per week (based on RMR+20%). I have to exercise to lose. The good news is that spring is here and summer is around the corner - exercising outside can be fun.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    for me it took about 7-8 months to lose 40 lbs. after that mfp gave me 1290 cal/day. I was too hungry to eat that little so I upped rate of loss to 1/2 lb/wk so I can eat 1500. I usually stay under 1500/day but haven't lost a thing for the past almost 2 months. If I lose 10 more lbs, I'll weigh what I did 15yrs ago but I'd like to lose 20 more lbs, so I increased my exercise. I feel fine eating just under 1500 cal/day so I have hope that I can maintain with that amount
  • northdog
    northdog Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For me, 1,300 calories per day + exercise would be 1 lb. per week (based on RMR+20%). I have to exercise to lose. The good news is that spring is here and summer is around the corner - exercising outside can be fun.

That's true! I'm a little more active in the summer, but since I'm with a young one, the exercise isn't super intense. Hopefully we can get a lot of time in at the pool this summer. It seems far away- it's snowing (!) here today.

I've lost 82 lbs total, but for some reason, I seem to be hungrier now than I was before.
  • OliviaCounts
    OliviaCounts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Its like... my body is "comfortable" at 135 lbs and whenever I go below that I get these weird cravings to eat until I gain the pound or so back. I wanted to get to 125, but like posters have said above, the SLIGHTEST deviation from my set calories puts pounds on instantly as soon as I dip below 135.

I was 135 as a teenager and maintained that until I started gaining weight in my twenties, so it seems like the default weight. I wanted to lose more to lose my small belly though.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot and quickly added those last 5 back this past fall when I went back to work. I added 3-4 more to that. Granted, I'd changed my goal several times and went lower on purpose to provide a cushion, but I couldn't keep it there. I've been seriously losing to go below my goal and add back slowly. I am being successful by looking at a minimum goal of steps daily as well as drinking much more water than I was. I've also tried to not go over weekends as I'm getting these last few pounds off. Amazingly.. it's really working. I'm thinking that the water is helping. I drink 16 ounces in the am, after the treadmill, 16 on the way home, and 16 after dinner.
  • debbiemuz
    debbiemuz Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've decided to go maintenance with my last 5 lbs left. I'm hoping I can recomp and still enjoy the extra calories.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'm literally always within my "last 10 lbs". It might never happen for me.
    Same.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm down to my last 3-5lbs, and to be honest I've lost the will to live :wink: I'm at the stage that i. just. can. not. be bothered anymore!

Yeah I've been there too..its a battle for me to stay at my lower number, my body always wants to try to go back to 130 unless I be vigilent ALL the freaking time. Even my hubby says to me there's more to life than forever watching what you eat... its never ending unfortunately. If we take our eye off the ball too long the sad reality is gaining weight, I don't want to gain so I have to be fairly strict with myself :/
    but yeah, I feel like just saying, oh heck, is its worth all this effort to be slim...
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. Bouncing back and forth with 2 pounds trying to lose last five. Is it mental? Fear of success? Maybe I am just content with the extra maintenance calories and the look in clothes. Never been skinny, so maybe I need to focus on toning and forget the extra few pounds.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    As has been said previously it is important to differentiate being close to "goal" weight and being close to being extremely lean.

If goal weight puts you in the average range then losing the last few pounds is likely mental. However if the last few pounds is chasing the extreme level of leanness then it is hard because your body doesn't want to be there.

When I was 25% bodyfat I dropped the first 15lbs of fat within a matter of weeks. Now I'm somewhere between 10-12% and 10lbs will put me at extreme levels of lean. I'm finding it hard to lose 1-1.25lbs of fat a week even using a sledgehammer protocol.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    As has been said previously it is important to differentiate being close to "goal" weight and being close to being extremely lean.

If goal weight puts you in the average range then losing the last few pounds is likely mental. However if the last few pounds is chasing the extreme level of leanness then it is hard because your body doesn't want to be there.

When I was 25% bodyfat I dropped the first 15lbs of fat within a matter of weeks. Now I'm somewhere between 10-12% and 10lbs will put me at extreme levels of lean. I'm finding it hard to lose 1-1.25lbs of fat a week even using a sledgehammer protocol.
    BMI is 23.73 and on high end of range. So, it must be mental.

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I have 8 lbs to lose and it's hard. I mean I am not stuck to that number, might be more, might be less, will decide when I see it in the mirror. And I'm always within those ten pounds( gain during bulk, lose during cut). Cutting seems to be getting harder with age too. A couple of drinks on the weekend almost ruins the hard work of the whole weekend.