Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan.
  • emailmkuntz
    emailmkuntz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't see that anyone mentioned starting with probiotics. I've had an ongoing battle with love of sweets, and a friend turned me to HMF powder. When I start my sugar detox, I did it each time by taking HMF powder every morning and night. It really helps with the good bacteria that doesn't crave the processed sugar!
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I cut out added sugar awhile ago and when I crave sweets, fruit is so satisfying! Warning: you will be miserable for a few weeks until you've adapted!
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    I used to eat so many sugary things, mostly candy. Many years ago I went on South Beach Diet which, for the first two weeks, you don't have fruit, grains or pretty much anything with added sugar. It was a rough two weeks for me but after those two weeks were over, I didn't want them anymore. I still don't eat grains; I eat nothing with added sugar; and I limit my fruit to berries every once in a while if I am in the mood. My house is full, and I mean full, of cookies, candy and cakes because my husband and son love their sweets but I do not find them tempting anymore. So, I would try abstaining from all of the above for two weeks and see how you feel then.

Same here. I don't crave sugar, though in I do like some sweets. In addition to fruit, I have a moderate amount of things sweetened with stuff other than sugar.

Btw, can anyone recommend there a good discussion thread on non-sugar sweeteners?