• JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @_bro HAHA yeah it's crazy! And a tan! Weirdest stuff!! LOL
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    CrossFit is really "a jack of all trades, master of none" kind of exercising. I've been to a couple of boxes - one for just a month, and the other for 6 months. What I witnessed was anyone who had good strength either was lifting prior to doing CrossFit or was doing CrossFit and a lifting program. I'm sure that there are boxes that had better programming than the ones I've been too, but regardless if your goal is strength CrossFit really isn't your best option IMO. If your goal is "overall fitness" than I'd consider CrossFit.

I'd say that's very spot on explanation of it all.
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    Crossfit has done good and bad for the exercise community imo.

The good: got more people to have confidence in the Barbell. The standard big gym with machines and a dreadmill. Yaaawwwnnnn.... I like how they help make Oly lifts popular again. The USA is so far behind other countries in these lifts. They got more of the public exited about strength training.

The bad: The obnoxious cult atmosphere. It's either their way or damn you and they act like they invented all the lifts they do! They even start dressing alike. Lol! The throw random exercises at the wall workouts with no long term progression. I know, not all places do this. I've seen many examples of sacrificing health for the sake of looking bad a..
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    o011p0xod37r.jpg
    3 weeks of crossfit changed my body alot.

sh82axy5chcx.jpg

Try it.. It's worth it and you should pack on loads of muscle
    lizery wrote: »
    When I did cross fit we did a lot of heavy oly lifts as well.

As a small woman I put on a little muscle but was also much leaner than I had been at other times.

The guys that trained there were pretty big, but most of them did extra lifting.

pxe6gkxdcz42.jpg

For body composition comparison, both these photos I was somewhere between 54-56kg.

Left - eating standard diet and playing roller derby

Right - doing the paleo crossfit thing

i3s3z3xtwabb.jpg

^ This was how my arms looked when I was doing crossfit. Keeping in mind I'm a small woman with usually not much muscle definition I feel like I put on quite a bit of muscle with crossfit.

Impressive results indeed!