WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Back on the wagon of eating clean. It has been years but I am sure some of you may remember me.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Having a quick breakfast with the hubs. He has to travel to Houston and meet with the E-MBA students for TAMU and I will join him. I will walk a bit around the facility while he is in class. Then we will head over to pick up our son, who took the day off, for a lunch and shopping time. I was touched that the son took the day off to be with us!

Have a good one ladies! :)<3

Cheri
    in College Station, TX
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Did a quick 5k run at the gym on the treadmill and we both finished with an 8.48 minute mile. Awwww how cute, stats will come later . On the road now
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Wow Mary - excellent progress!

Yinka in Worcestershire, UK
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    I think I can type (some) right now so I'm going to try to get caught up. I apologize to anyone that I may miss, I'll probably be skimming. But did log every day

Let's see - what's been happening. We got back from VA on Sun, Mon was bowling and then ceramics then mahjongg, Tues I had Rummikub here after I went for the shot of cortisone in my hand for the trigger thumb. Wed. we had a board meeting for the Newcomers and then ceramics in the evening, Thurs I volunteered at the Green Room then went to this bridal shop in Newton. The one dress I sort-of liked I took a picture of but I hope Denise doesn't choose it, I got my dress for Bryan's wedding there and the alterations they did were just horrible, not to mention that it took FOREVER. I finally had to take it to my dressmaker. She couldn't get over the slopppy job they did. Today we're taking a tour of the recycling plant with the Newcomers. Tomorrow I'll drive to VA, then Jess and I will drive to PA Sun to look at bridesmaid dresses and then we'll drive back to VA that evening, I'll drive back to NC on Mon. I'll stay with Jess Sat. and Sun. See, I can sleep even on the floor...but Vince can't with his bulging disk.

Been exercising every day, took the extremepump class, started doing the "Slim in 6" DVD I got in FL, a workout on the bosu, Nina Lessig's total body, today a Kathy Smith step workout, tomorrow the plan is to do a Les Mills Strength Training DVD before I head up to VA. I'm going to take my laptop and some pilates/yoga DVD's with me. Not sure that I'll be able to use them, but at least I have them with me.

Got quite upset last night at Denise. She posted this video she made for Pete's mother's birthday about how much she loves his mother. All I get for my birthday is a $3.99 card and a phone call. Yes, I really don't want her to post all over Facebook about my birthday. To me, it's just another day in the year. But even for Mother's Day I don't get a "thank you Mom for always being there", Vince never gets a "thank you dad for the awesome job you did providing for me for all my life". Nothing. My guess is that his mother is paying for this wedding. Denise called to ask Vince about transferring the spreadsheet for the wedding reception from her laptop to her new computer. Seems she's made quite a few payments. Now, she hasn't asked us for any money. So where are the thousands of dollars coming from? Pete only has a high school education, she only has an Associates degree (compliments of us who was willing to pay for a Bachelors but she decided to just go part time. We're not going to pay for her to go part time to get her Bachelors.) You should have heard me "who do you call when you have a computer problem? Pete's mother? No, you call your father. Who do you call when you have a car problem? Pete's mother? No, you call your father". And he was VERY upset because it really upset me. He tried to explain (but I think Denise just will do what she wants) about perception and the perception people will get is that Pete's mother is so wonderful but she never says anything about her own mother. She finally did take down all the comments but she left up the d*** video. I can only surmise that it's to continue to hurt me. No, she probably doesn't think about my feelings. Jess told me to make her some brownies. We didn't say anything to Denise that we'd spoken to Jess. Jess did make a post on Facebook to the effect of "what about your own mother" but Denise took that one down even before all the others.

Enough of my rant

Karen in VA - I've downloaded some audiobooks that I'll listen to as I drive up to VA. I'd love to meet for lunch sometime. I don't know what time I'll be leaving on Mon. If Jess has to go to work early, I most likely will wind up leaving early so PERHAPS Monday. How does that sound to you? Since I'll have my laptop with me, I can post on here when I'm leaving.

Welcome everyone new and those returning

Baby pics are so adorable, I just want to pinch some cheeks and give lots and lots of kisses, but I'll leave that to you all to do for me. Enjoyed all the other pics

Yinka -hydrostatic body fat is where they immerse you in a tub of water. I know I've seen this on TV, but never in real life. I guess it's the most accurate because of the fact that you are in the water

Katla - hope you had a happy anniversary

For all those loving M&M's, Snickers, etc. Let me tell you, Mars is super into cleanliness. And I do mean extremely. Being a privately held company, they don't give tours, but we were able to since Vince worked for them. Only immediate family of associates could. When they bought Dove, it was a really floundering company. Mars initially lost a lot of money. But they stuck with Dove and now it's quite successful. They are also into the fact that all the candy from the different plants should taste the same. They actually have taste testers for this. Did you know that the bags of M&M's you buy have been sitting in a warehouse for a few months before they go to the store? That's because the taste of fresh chocolate and chocolate that's been on the shelf for a few months is different.

Joyce - I have a feeling Mr. T isn't going to last long on DWTS

Ginger - I hate those pantry bugs.

Bought one of those InstaPots for Jess as a birthday present to her and Colby and a hosewarming present

Prayers for all those needing them

Lenora - hope you had a great birthday

Janetr - thanks for the update about Heather

Carol - hope your hubby is better real soon

Allie - Tom is a putz -- no doubt about it

Gloria - so happy for you and Zac

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    Hi all. Back on the wagon of eating clean. It has been years but I am sure some of you may remember me.

:) Yes, I remember you very fondly and I am delighted that you are back.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gloria: Great news about Zak's heart! I wonder about the headaches. There are so many possible causes from allergies to the need for glasses. I hope you find the solution and he is out of pain son. :heart:

Becca: We're in the midst of having repair work done on our house because of damage caused by raccoons. I am not a member of their fan club. Luckily our homeowners insurance is stepping up. This will cost thousands before we are done. :grumble:

Margaret: I was in Junior High when JFK was shot. They sent us home from school in the middle of the day. We all had to walk, even the kids who lived too far away and were normally bussed. I think the decision makers were not in their right minds. :noway:

Heather: Enjoy your time with your brother and sister-in-law. :smiley:

KJLaMore: You are brilliant. The beach party looks like a great way for the kids to have fun. It also looks like a (sand) lot of work for you. :star:

Rita: Don't forget to take us with you on your new adventure! :smiley:

Leigh: The kitchen beach is KJ's, not mine. I would never have been that creative. :noway:

Michele: I understand your feelings about your daughter's relationship with her MIL. My daughter moved in with her MIL, too. She did it in order to be a stay at home mom. Now she's back to work because her DH is not a stable provider, even with his parents providing shelter and food. :cry: The inlaws have a huge home with lots of bedrooms and we live in a two bedroom townhouse. There is no way that we could have a family of five move in with us. :noway:

Yoga today! After that I'll think about going to the stable to play with Arrow. My lesson is tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• pipcd34
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Hi all, back from the pub. My brother and DSIL were kind enough to sit through all of DH's Mexico photos. ;):o
    I think I managed to do quite well on the calories. My DSIL asked my advice on the least fattening options and then proceeded to eat all the chunky bread and butter that came with it!!! She is much slimmer now though on her 5:2 diet, so good luck to her.

Lovely sunny day here. DH has gone out for a walk. I'm on the sofa!

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxx

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. Walked for an hour and going to try golf this afternoon. It's been raining this morning but the sun is out now. Be back later.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Leigh: The kitchen beach is KJ's, not mine. I would never have been that creative.

Sorry about that KJ and Katla - sometimes reading through I still get confused!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Leigh sorry for the loss of your sister. Beautiful picture.

Kelly when I had a classroom we would have a beach day in the middle of winter to cheer us up.

Gloria good news about Zac.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-
    Didn't have to weed wack the lot, not much growth
    Jog- 27.16min, 6.5-8.0speed, 160mhr, 8.48min mi, 5k-3.10mi = 316c
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ What a cute picture of you and your brother. You and he looked so much alike at that age.