WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options
1112113114115116118»

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Heather You are my idol! :D I like your sense of adventure.

Suebdew Take lots of pics, SE Asia is first on our list of places to spend time in when DH and I retire (if ever)

ladies, I have figured out that I should have seen the doc sooner, I do indeed have a UTI ( :s ) and have been blaming my lousy fatigue on everything but what was clearly a UTI ( :s ) Finally had the chills and lower back pain so bad that I had to leave work and go straight to the doc for antibiotic. One dose later and I feel like myself again! Why I put these things off is a wonder. I think I am as bad as some of your significant others, how I put off seeing the doctor for Rx !

I have left my phone at work (i think) (I hope) so I am going phoneless :o this weekend. Should be an adventure. I will see just how addicted I have become. Loads of yard work on tap for this weekend if the weather allows. And lots of meal planning now that I am feeling better.

Such a joy checking in with all you inspiring ladies.

NYKAREN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    My afternoon so far--Jake to doctor and Jake to pharmacy (this time for codeine cough syrup )--at least they didn't put him in the hospital
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Barbie - My commiserations. :'( You are doing a great job. :flowerforyou:

My DH is still feeling fragile, but managed a meal and drinks this evening. ;) I think his fragility is psychological. I hope he isn't dizzy in the morning. If he is I will do the Epley manoeuvre again. :/

Just realised my La Rochelle mini break is almost back to back with my night in London with my girlfriends. Oooops! Haven't told DH yet. :*;):/ Hee hee! That'll teach him to spend all Easter at cricket! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Heather Yay to travelling alone! I love the adventure you have planned for yourself, and I am amused that your husband was a bit flustery - LOL!!! I certainly enjoy traveling with my partner & in fact, we are excellent travel companions, but there are definitely some trips I prefer to take on my own. Usually when I visit my old high school buddies, I go alone. They don't bring their significant others, either. We have so much old history it gets very boring for others. We have known each other for almost 50 years...

NYKAREN You are tougher than I am. The few UTIs I have had, I couldn't stand the symptoms for more than a few hours. Glad you are on the mend.

Sue Like NYKAREN, I would love to visit SE Asia.

We have arrived home after my partner's visit with her surgeon. He tested her shoulder, and says everything is intact. The physical therapist used a TENS unit and it brought the pain down to a 2. So new pain med plan and new TENS unit and fingers crossed! We could both use a break.

Karen in Virginia
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Lisa Hoping things work out for you as they should. A 5lb loss is a great goal.
    Katia Hope you feel better
    Karen Great update on Olivia!
    NYKaren Glad you are feeling better. Uti's are horrible :(

Continue to be frustrated that I can't use my iPad uggh! I have bad eyes so using a phone is hard.

Talk to y'all tomorrow <3 Sarah, Ontario
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Barbie – I feel for you. Maybe if the codeine cough medicine doesn’t work, they will consider a steroid pack. I had gone two months with a nagging hacking cough, went to the MD who last did my sleep studies because I was finding it hard to lay down and breathe even with the C-pap and he put me on Prednisone … cough GONE in 3 days. Might be worth asking about.

Delightful Day – Louis was able to go back to work; Urologist took the catheter out, could not unblock the end of the catheter. One thing DH did discover was that the nurse had taped the tubing to the bag, too tight so it was pulling his “Johnson” and making it hurt. This has been the 4th time he has had to be catheterized (once he was not even put to sleep, yeah, damn right I am happy this particular Urologist is no longer working). All this is because 15+ years ago, he has prostate cancer and they put in the radiated seeds. When they start running out and then getting smaller, they work their way into the urethra and it can cause it to block up. About the only other thing he could do would be a suprapubic catheterization which would be more permanent; and, he would either have to wear a bag; or they could cap a tube and he could empty it when he felt full. That will either have to be ‘his’ decision or the MD’s if there was an emergency. They have their own facilities and told him to NOT go to the ER; but, call them instead and whoever was ‘on call’ would meet him at the office.

NYKAREN and Karen in Virginia – I had 4 back-to-back UTIs in 2 months … believe me, I could not stand it. One of the PA’s asked if I had ever had a ‘bladder prolapse’. Thankfully, that was not the issue; but, I sure felt like my bladder was coming out. Awfully painful!

Karen in Virginia – Hope your partner gets to feeling better real soon.

Lenora
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Hello all: The sun really is shining here. Yeah! I have spent some time outside but needed a water break and am on here with all of you. Will go back out in a few. Need to take advantage of all the sunbeams I can.

KarenVA - Ruby is still dumping the water trough. We are waiting for less mud to try to come up with a solution. Probably getting out in the pasture would help but at this point it is so fragile that they would just tear it up and we would have no pasture later, just a bigger mud pit. That happened the first winter we were here until we put a new fence and gate in separating the areas.

Heather - Awesome solution to being left home alone.

Lisa - Hope things continue to work out as they should.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat. Do not ever feel like you have to validate your situations, whatever they might be. This is con judgement, and no burdens are put side by side with others. We just care and support each other. (((((((((( hugs!))))))))). I hope the codeine medicine does its job!
    Becca
    An official black coffee drinker
    In Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Barbiecat. Do not ever feel like you have to validate your situations, whatever they might be. This is con judgement, and no burdens are put side by side with others. We just care and support each other. (((((((((( hugs!))))))))). I hope the codeine medicine does its job!
    Becca
    An official black coffee drinker
    In Oregon

<3BeccaThank you for what you said. It looks like the codeine might be helping. Poor Jake has barely slept for days. Of course, right now he's watching videos on Facebook.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm not working, all applewatch-

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.22min, 14.2amph, 2.9mi = 129c
    ROWING MACHINE- 33min, 57aw, 5404meters = 256c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 6.23min, 12.6amph, 1.4mi = 53c
    bike ride puyallup to sumn. station- 16.17min, 11.1amph, 3mi = 110c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.37min, 8.59min mi, .5mi = 65c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.10min, 11.01min mi, .4mi = 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.03min, 8.4mph, 2.6mi = 149c

total cal 813
  • barbiecat
    Options
    sleeping-beauty-smiley-emoticon.gif It's time for me to start getting ready for bed, so I've posted the new thread for April. Here is the link:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10536664/women-ages-50-for-april-2017#latest

When you find it, don't forget to bookmark it so you can find it again easily.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We had sunshine today and I went for a walk in the sun with a dear friend. WAHOO!!! I am happy!

Katla with a great sunny day in NW Oregon.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Nite all!