WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaah! Behind again! Darnit! I really want to interact with all of you but I keep sabotaging myself. My main April goal will be to check in frequently and post all of the comments I compose in my head so you can hear them too! I am up to page 73 and WILL get the rest read while at work.

Happy belated birthday, Barbie!

Toni in soon to be stormy Tennessee
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,744 Member
    Options
    Well all I can say.. is I'm documenting Everything and if it comes down to it...Will get that car too..I'm gonna play close to the sleeve and will have something set up for when he goes to Florida end of April.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good evening Ladies!

My mall walk got thwarted yesterday by a call from my son that the basement was flooding...on a sunny day. He rushed home, shut off the water found out the water heater had burst. He got the wet vac out which burst into flames when he turned it on. I put a call into my friends and they came thru with a couple of vacs. My son works for a home improvement company and was able to get a new water heater at cost and his coworker who is a plumber said he would install it for free. Unfortunately no hot water for showers this morning so I improvised by heating water in the microwave to shampoo my hair and sponge bathe. This set me back $800 which I could ill afford, but had no choice. Gave the plumber a bit of cash also.

I was proud of myself for hitting the elliptical instead of the kitchen cabinets. No vanilla wafers for me to release the stress. I still haven't lost all the cookie weight. Puzzle me this...why can I put on 1.5 lbs. overnight and it then takes about a week to get it off????

Gotta run, love and hugs to all.

Chris in MA

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Karen Love the pic of Oliva. It looks like a shadow of protection around her.
    April Welcome, I look forward to reading your posts

I still cannot access MFP on my iPad. They emailed saying they are working on the problem. Thank goodness I can access from my phone.

I can't believe we are getting more snow. Enough already :s

Had a great dinner, I made a Thai stir fry with gingered tofu. It was fab! My last weigh in March is tomorrow, can't wait :#

All my best to everyone and congrats on your hard work!

<3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Wednesday's Progress (3/29)
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B12, L9, D25, MS15 = 61)
    2. Fiber 30g (28g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    ✔8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, ✔Music, Craft Supplies, ✔Cleaning Supplies, ✔Utility Drawer, ✔Utility Closet

• Declutter - Got the cleaning supplies decluttered. Now... if I can keep DH from buying more. Now... I need to do electronics and then craft supplies.

Today - I'm doing that thing again... that thing where I don't know where to start and what to do despite many, many. MANY lists and routines. Loss of focus. I have 3 or 4 tasks started and I'm leaving a mess in my wake... ugh! FOCUS! FOCUS! FOCUS! I'm setting a timer for 15 minutes to work on one task.

Hope your day is going well.

--Ginger in Texas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: I like your attitude. Stay strong. :heart:

pchance: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. :flowerforyou:
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Joyce – Elephant pregnant for 2 years; I can’t believe that any ‘competent’ OB would allow a woman to ‘go over that long’ without intervening. I would think that would not be good for the baby; and, probably not the mother either.

PIP – Jump over the next ‘triple digits’ …

patceoh – I try not to stress over things that I have no control over; but, it is a lot easier for me to ‘walk away’ than for DH to do so; because he is stuck in a truck all day with one of the stressors. I think at times, ‘we’ve probably all be guilty of making our beds and then needing to lie in them’. Like standing back and allowing a child to ‘face-plant’ him-or-herself to know what it takes to climb out of the hole. I know my parents allowed us to make decisions; but, they gave us ‘choices’ or things we could do so with. For instance, at the age of 4-years, we could pick out what we wanted to wear to church on Easter morning (out of 3 choices my Mother had made). That gave us a sense of knowing there ‘are’ choices in life. Good, bad, or indifferent. We have a 'few' rules of the house; but, besides not breaking curfew; I cannot think of too many - other than those that were self-imposed. I would have never done something that would have embarrassed my parents. We were taught 'respect' for others, their things, and their opinions - even if we did not agree. One thing my Mother would do is, show us what to look for in ready-made clothing from a store, versus what she could make. I still do the same, check how the seams are put together, if the patterns match close enough all the way around, and hems. I can sew; I just choose not to. Patterns that used to cost 15¢ … now costs $15. I can do a lot with $15 insofar as finding clothes or taking what I have and accessorizing.

Sue in WA – We live in the country and we’ve always had a cat around; he makes sure, on occasion, to let us know that he is doing his job by presenting them to our doormat. I don’t know how he did it; but, his presentation on one looked like it was placed on a bed of ‘lettuce (grass)’. I wish I had taken a picture of it. He hasn’t done it in a while until the other not we got a couple of ‘lucky rabbit feet’. But filing in all the holes that surround pipes that come into your house is one of the things we did, too.

IMHO - When women stay with a man who is abusive - be it 'physical', 'mental', 'spiritual', of just being a 'bully' or
    'controlling' it is quite often that he has 'kept her under his thumb' by telling her that she 'needs' him to survive. They have the wrong sense of security because they are afraid of leaving and then coming back facing the same music or worse. It IS harder on a woman in a divorce than with a man. Most women have 'children' to deal with whereas a man can sleep or 'crash' anywhere because he doesn't have custody of them. If necessary, he can 'sleep in his car', go the "Y", take a shower and change clothes and go to work and nobody is the wiser. Maybe she has never worked outside of the house and then she will have childcare to deal with, too. She probably isn't getting regular support and unless she lives in a State that requires that it be 'paid through the court system' ... she doesn't have the $$$ to 'fight' it. I know when my DH got a divorce and there was a child involved, he paid 2x a month to the court; and, they would send her a check. But, when she decided that she wasn't going to let him have visitation because he was in arrears by less than a month; he went to the Judge and the Judge called her at 7:00am (her time) and told her that she was to have his daughter on the plane he had bought a ticket for; and that he was increasing what he was paying to knock off the arrearage, then it would go back down. She started in on things and the Judge told her, ... 'if you don't do it, you could expect to be 'picked up by the authorities and brought back to Jacksonville in the back seat of a deputy's car, and she would have to pay for all the court costs'. We had her for a few weeks; and, during that time, his 'ex' wanted him to let her go spend the middle weekend with her parents. He told her 'no, because you fly them out there several times during the year and we don't get to see her but for a few weeks out of the year'. She spent one afternoon with them.

There is no shame in getting a divorce, or two, or three ... sometimes it takes that many before you find a 'prince'. There really are some out there; but, there is also nothing wrong with be 'single'. A man does NOT make a woman complete. Sometimes 'once bitten, twice cautious' but that should NOT make you stay in a relationship that is going nowhere fast. It's better to be 'alone' and not be lonely; than to be in a group of people and be miserable. But, that is a personal choice ... but, when 10 or more people say it is time to get an attorney ... that advice ought to be followed. But, this is coming from 'not someone who has ever gone through a divorce; but, worked nearly 20 years for an attorney who did handle divorces'.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,603 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm not working, all applewatch-

bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.09min, 13.4amph, 2.9mi = 113c
    0 runner- 48.45min, 39avlength, 12avheight, 106avcadence, 9.45min mi, 5mi = 324c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 6.49min, 12.5amph, 1.4mi = 54c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.42min, 9.06min mi, .5mi = 63c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.27min, 8.56min mi, .4mi = 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm up Mst- 17.15min, 8.6amph, 2.4mi = 141c

total cal 747
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    DJ I feel the same way. We are good friends here, and I cherish our differences. Thanks for the love, good thoughts, and sunshine!

Karen in Virginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Lisa, thank you, that is on the top of the pile of nice things ever been said to me…

Heather – I think that we are safe there, Kyle will move on to a 4 year University in sept 2019 and mom will be selling and moving into more senior living… I just need to keep monitoring what goes on.

Carol – my nephew is 19 –

Pip – I work for the YMCA as a gardener and if the director doesn’t give, and you are up for making some waves, you could call or write the chair of the board of directors – each YMCA or small group of YMCA’s have a board – all volunteers and all very interested in donations….

Today has had a bunch of new orders including one for cookies (?!) I cook, I’ve taught cooking, but I don’t cater or make food for sale, that requires a special kitchen, but this is a client/friend who is doing an engagement party for 60 and wants cookies square ones with a January calendar on them and the wedding date circled… kinda a cookie save the date – as a favor at the party…I’ll do a sample and see what she thinks..

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    hang in Barbie!!! you've got this and your car doesn't have enough seat belts for all of us who are there with you, cheering you on!!!
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugs to everyone.

Paula Y
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Barbie - you never cease to amaze, you really truly are an inspiration. Thank you.

Janetr OKC