Sports bra?

Options

Replies

• rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD, and a good sports bra is a must. I spend about $50 on mine. I only have 3, and they aren't cute like the fashion ones, but they keep me from getting black eyes. The thing to look for in good bras is non stretch fabric and adjustable straps. In addition to a big bust, I have a short decolletage, so most fixed sports bra straps are a good 2 inches too long. Check REI, REI Outlet, and Champion.

***********Champion sports bras are on sale right now!!!!******************

Rachel

(And I second the Moving Comfort sports bras!!! It is my favorite because you can adjust the straps while you wear it, so I can lock the girls down for plyo, but let them breathe a little during stretch yoga!)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    http://www.freshpair.com/Shock-Absorber-D-Max-Sports-Bra-N109.html

I like the looks of this one, do I buy the size I am in or smaller?

I have this one. It works well, I find I need to go up in the band and the cup.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    KIeR0.gif
  • jadedone
    Options
    Anyone wearing 2 bras, please get resized and get a better bra in your size. They do exist.

There are boatloads of threads on this topic:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/959944-best-sports-bras-for-large-breasts
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    question- how long do these bras last? There is no way my budget is going to allow for a couple of $70 bras... I don't spend that much on entire outfits!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    question- how long do these bras last? There is no way my budget is going to allow for a couple of $70 bras... I don't spend that much on entire outfits!

I hand wash mine and air dry and my Moving Comforts and they have survived a lot and are still going strong about a year later.
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Try moving comfort...theirs are AMAZING...I have 3 of their fiona style and they're worth every penny!

Agree. Moving Comfort Fionas are the best bras ever.

YES YES moving comfort 36DD the style I wear is the jubralee because i dont like racer backs. The Girls dont move and I can breathe when i was wearing more then one bra I almost passed out on a few runs!!!!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Check this bra out by Under Armour. It comes in your size and you will be MUCH more comfortable :)

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/ca/en/womens-armour-bra-dd-cup/pid1233078-001

I just bought one of those today! Holy Moly! very comfy! no more bouncing around! Got it at Sport Chek - I don't like the price but... it is what it is!
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I've just resigned myself to wearing two. Only thing that works.
  • karensalesky
    Options
    I agree. have Moving Comfort Fiona. I am a 40D and mine do not move when I run. I even wear them under regular clothing as they help with my shape. Amazon has some good prices on them.
  • babellah
    babellah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree! I bought an Under Amour Bra and it was the best one I have ever had. worth the money :) I am a 40 D and I would suggest getting one without a zipper.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have even bigger boobs than you and have had a terrible time finding a bra that I like. Check out Glamorise available at JC Penney: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/glamorise-sports-bra---1166/prod.jump?ppId=1d21ed8&catId=cat100430014&deptId=dept20000013&N=196&topDim=Brand&topDimvalue=glamorise&dimCombo=Brand|&dimComboVal=glamorise|&currentDim=Brand&currentDimVal=glamorise.

It doesn't give you the uniboob look and has an outer layer that provide adjustable support. They run about $50 and are worth it!

Ditto. Also sold at justmysize.com and other online stores. And it's meant to fit tight, as with all sport bras.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a 30HH and i've had my sports bra from bravisimo....now they dont hurt when i jump around in netball or run in rugby!!

well worth the investment

S x

Oh hey almost boob sister. I'm a 28H/30GG and swear by Shock Absorber. Most of the regular store brands don't do sub 32 bands.

http://www.freshpair.com/womens/Shock-Absorber.html

I've heard a lot of good things about the Shock Absorber, but it actually didn't work for me. I'm a 30F, and I bought the Panache sports bra at the same time, and I'm planning on getting another two of those. It's the best sports bra I've ever put on. http://www.figleaves.com/us/product/PA-5021/Panache-Sports-Bra/?size=&colour=Greys. Figleaves and Bravissimo are both spectacular bra stores if you have a size outside of the "normal" range.

Yes I love Figleaves! It's pretty much impossible to find a 28 band in any regular store. Brastop and Lovebras are two other sites that carry hard to find sizes.

Oh I had totally forgotten that Panache makes a sports bra. Thanks for the suggestion, I especially love that it comes in so many colors.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DDD--I love my Enell bra for high impact--people don't yell "get a bra!" out there car windows at me anymore (I was wearing 3 at the time).
    I have an enell as well and they are the best I have had other than shock absorber.
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a 30HH and i've had my sports bra from bravisimo....now they dont hurt when i jump around in netball or run in rugby!!

well worth the investment

S x

Me too, I'm a 32J but the 34HH Shock Absorber available from them works a treat! Tip for you though - buy new bras via ebay , about a third to half the price and brand new, might not be the latest colours etc but it's a sports bra so who cares if it's not in the lastest fashion colourway?! :)

I love Shock Absorber - especially the active mulit-sport bra. It glues my 38H's down and is super comfortable to wear. I picked mine up at The Bay (in Canada) on sale for about $60. http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/en/products/active-range/active-multi-sports-support/
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You know what I'm sick of? Periodic Creeper posting from men. We're not all up in your jock straps--GTFO!

So sick of trolls...
  • Katerina67
    Katerina67 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm your same size and I got tired of wearing a bra then a sports bra on top so just invested in some Moving Comfort bras. I tried them on first at REI and then ordered them online in my size. I love them! No bouncing whatsoever! Can't recommend them enough!

I got 5 different styles and none of them have padding?

I want to know what kind have padding. It would be nice to just have one sports bra that doesnt let the world know when I am cold. Lol

I tried 3 different models of Moving Comfort - Endurance Racer, Maia and I don't remember the third one (maybe Juno?) The one that had most padding if I remember correctly was Maia, but I am not 100% sure.
    I don't mind if people in gym might suspect that I have nipples, all I want in my sport bra is excellent support and breathability :)
  • jadedone
    Options

I have a 3 year old shock absorber that offers ok support even though it us too big in the band now. It us retired for light duty.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    http://www.freshpair.com/Shock-Absorber-D-Max-Sports-Bra-N109.html

I like the looks of this one, do I buy the size I am in or smaller?

I have this one. It works well, I find I need to go up in the band and the cup.

THANKS!