My Dr made me feel like crap yesterday....

Options
So I have had a very rough year & lost major focus on my diet & workouts. I went through a divorce, ankle injury & then gained some "happy weight" in my new relationship. I know I have put on weight. But I went to my Dr yesterday & she hadn't seen me in almost 2 years & she makes this surprised face & goes "You have put on a lot of weight!" I was gutted & it made me feel awful. I have battled anorexia in the past & things like this can trigger me badly. I am determined to lose this extra 15-20 pounds & get back to where I was before. I'll post before & current pics below. I just want to look like the 2nd pic again.
xmumzj4hpjyk.jpg
ee0re9s3zduk.jpg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Wow! You need a new doctor! Seriously! You look great in both pictures!

I love my doctor, there are some really great ones out there. Find him or her!
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Your doctor is pretty insensitive. Don't let her comments get to you. You look good in both photos.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I get it. People will always say "you look fine" but when you've been a place before and at your best, but aren't there now, you'll feel like you let yourself down. Personally if someone I haven't seen in awhile told me that, I use it as inspiration to get back at it. To me it's not personal, it's what they have observed. And your doctor should be honest with you anyway. They're not your friend, they're your doctor.
    The only thing I'd be concerned with is your previous bout of anorexia. Hopefully this is something you've discussed with the doc before.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Waaaaat? You look amazing in both pictures, her comment makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever :(
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    It's March first & my bday is this Sunday so I'm dedicating myself back to my diet & fitness. It's just hard because I keep saying that & then someone brings cookies into work & I devour 10 before I realize what's happened. I think it's my willpower that needs help.

I know exactly what you mean. I have that problem at work and my wife gets bored with how we eat so she has gone and invited people over EVERY weekend this month.

The way I deal with it is to imagine that people respect me when I say "no thanks" I know they think I'm silly lol but I appeal to my inner narcissist not to allow myself to over eat.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest...you look amazing in both pictures. Like either one to me is perfect. I get that it is a feeling you want to achieve for yourself, but like I don't even understand how she noticed a difference in you...I'd look at you at either weight and think, 'yep, looks healthy and great bod!' x
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    It's March first & my bday is this Sunday so I'm dedicating myself back to my diet & fitness. It's just hard because I keep saying that & then someone brings cookies into work & I devour 10 before I realize what's happened. I think it's my willpower that needs help.

I know exactly what you mean. I have that problem at work and my wife gets bored with how we eat so she has gone and invited people over EVERY weekend this month.

The way I deal with it is to imagine that people respect me when I say "no thanks" I know they think I'm silly lol but I appeal to my inner narcissist not to allow myself to over eat.

Very good way of thinking.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that Dr was insensitive and said what she did. Every day is a battle and when people say things like that it really opens a can of worms that can trigger all kinds of things. You look great in both pictures and I know you'll do great getting back into your routine. Happy early birthday! I hope it's a great one.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »

Happy Birthday birthday-twin. You look both healthy and attractive in both pics. Agree with respondents that you'd be better served by a more intelligent doctor, one who took the time to familiarize herself with your history and who could find more constructive input to offer when and if needed, as it was surely NOT this time.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    What the f-bomb is wrong with your doctor? You look amazing!