Stranger danger

Options
Carbkiller1970
Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
I was in a grocery store today talking to myself as I was reading the labels on some products, when an elderly woman asked me if I was talking to myself, I giggled and said well Einstein talked to himself she replied yeah but Einstein was crazy I was speechless but impressed this elderly woman was such a smart mouth. God love her. Got a story of being offended by a stranger?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm only offended by strangers when I give a damn what they think.

But then I've never been offended by strangers.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    I'm only offended by strangers when I give a damn what they think.

But then I've never been offended by strangers.

I don't care what they think either but it is kinda funny what people are willing to say when they don't even know you
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I love older folks who've lost their filters. It's part of what's fun about getting older. You realize that you don't give a damn what anyone else thinks anymore, and say whatever you want to anyone. When it's done with humor and chutzpah, it's great. When it's mean and nasty, uh...not so much; then you can tell them to go fuk themselves.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    I love older folks who've lost their filters. It's part of what's fun about getting older. You realize that you don't give a damn what anyone else thinks anymore, and say whatever you want to anyone. When it's done with humor and chutzpah, it's great. When it's mean and nasty, uh...not so much; then you can tell them to go fuk themselves.

I look forward to my senior years I'm really gonna let it all out :p
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago when hubby and I were walking through town this elderly guy stopped us and told us it was sweet to see a couple holding hands...he then went on to say how cute I was!! yeah that conversation turned a bit creepy! I'm glad my big tall husband was on hand to protect me had the need arisen.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I was offended once when someone tried to kill my bread. Stabbed it with a knife. Can you believe that?

I never touched your bread wasn't me :p
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »
    I was in a grocery store today talking to myself as I was reading the labels on some products, when an elderly woman asked me if I was talking to myself, I giggled and said well Einstein talked to himself she replied yeah but Einstein was crazy I was speechless but impressed this elderly woman was such a smart mouth. God love her. Got a story of being offended by a stranger?

I call it thinking out loud. :)
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do not have a story, but I always talk to myself too haha.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options

I've worked with the elderly. They are just like little children - very honest! :D:D
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »

I agree with you still regret I should have retaliated by throwing something akward in here cart to mess with her head when she got home
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    My mom is that crazy old lady that will say random things to strangers. I thought I was safe taking her to a bookstore, but then she made a comment about the POTUS to a couple who was looking a book about him and obviously supported him. I had to drag her away before punches started being thrown. I now know I can't take her anywhere.
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago when hubby and I were walking through town this elderly guy stopped us and told us it was sweet to see a couple holding hands...he then went on to say how cute I was!! yeah that conversation turned a bit creepy! I'm glad my big tall husband was on hand to protect me had the need arisen.

Yeah.... sorry about that.... you did look sweet... and as I explained at the time.... I got shoved from behind.... your bewbs were the only thing i could grab onto....
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options

Yeah.... sorry about that.... you did look sweet... and as I explained at the time.... I got shoved from behind.... your bewbs were the only thing i could grab onto....

Ha clever
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I often have little older ladies look me up and down at the grocery store, say oh you're tall tho which I respond what would you like me to reach for you. no offence but always makes me laugh cause in not abnormally tall
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    At 59, strangers don't really talk to me - I am invisible. Sometimes I enjoy the anonymity. When strangers do talk to me it is usually women who are older than me who deem that I am a safe person and they can trust me to help them reach shelf items that they can no longer reach, or, they want someone to walk with them to their car.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »

I agree with you still regret I should have retaliated by throwing something akward in here cart to mess with her head when she got home

You could have thrown some condoms, lube, and vodka! :D
    Well, I'm not offended by strangers usually, but sometimes I've stuck my tongue out, or given the birdee. Sometimes double birdees.
    But my Dad. Yikes. He had no filter. One of my friends said he was like Archie Bunker. Please Dad, please think about what your saying first. Sometimes its funny, but sometimes you freak some people out. Yes your older, but come on don't say that. I don't want to make excuses for you. And after he woke up on the operating table at Kaiser, I can't even say. Well he said, "What are all these ducking ******* doing in here!" Dad their going to kill you if you keep that up. How rude is that. He spoke his mind to strangers, with noooo filter at all.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options

Waaait. One more thing.......
    I'm betting some $ that this lady, just wanted to talk to you. And that was just her way to make up something to talk to you. Some people, thats just their way. It may not be everyones way. But that was her way. She might have just been lonely, and needed some human interaction with someone nice. Next time throw that box of condoms in her cart for fun! :D