Stranger danger

Options
2»

Replies

• kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was about 9 months old her pacifier fell out in Walmart. My ex-husband tried to catch it but it hit the floor...briefly. He stuck it in his mouth for a minute to "clean" it and gave it back to her. This elderly woman saw and began yelling at us that we were a terrible, negligent parents to have done that and should not be allowed to have a child. I thought it was funny, he told her to mind her own business.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I was probably about 12 playing on a playground with my brother, who's a year older than me. A lady power walking by yelled that we were too old to be on the playground. Ignored her because stranger danger, but wtf. Why would you yell at kids playing?
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    Elderly people may have no filter,but they had something we don't have anymore ...Their words meant something 2 them ...The way they spoke represented their character. ..They knew how 2 articulate themselves ...I still see my dad use old school terminology with the younger generation & they can't keep up ...He's verbally running rings around them ...Lost art (Not just saying that cuz it's my pops,I've seen others do it 2 )
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My gf & I was having a rather flirty convo on the way out of a gas station.

We were heading towards the "OUT" door when an old man held the " IN" door while saying " Take a Chance".

She didn't hear him because of being a bit distracted by out convo, so I pointed her in the direction of the other door to be polite to the elder dude waiting patiently.

When she walked through after saying ty, he stared down her *kitten* the entire time then winked at me.

Didn't offend me as we both get quite of bit of rubber necking, Yet a stranger doing the do.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    kwph wrote: »
    Elderly people may have no filter,but they had something we don't have anymore ...Their words meant something 2 them ...The way they spoke represented their character. ..They knew how 2 articulate themselves ...I still see my dad use old school terminology with the younger generation & they can't keep up ...He's verbally running rings around them ...Lost art (Not just saying that cuz it's my pops,I've seen others do it 2 )

I blame snoop dog for butchering the English language
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    DW volunteers at SCPA and told a staff member she was adopting two kittens. The "stranger" told her "You shouldn't adopt kittens, you will die before them."

True story DW 67yo, the staffer thirty something.
  • PropheticHeroism
    PropheticHeroism Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym 2 days ago and this guy comes up to us. Seems real cool, talking to us about him and his wife and just having a normal convo.

Turns out, out of nowhere this guy just switches over to his sales pitch for a pyramid scheme.
    In my head i was like "Come on dude, we don't talk to anyone because we're shy and you only talk to us to recruit me"
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    Doncondie wrote: »
    I was at the gym 2 days ago and this guy comes up to us. Seems real cool, talking to us about him and his wife and just having a normal convo.

Turns out, out of nowhere this guy just switches over to his sales pitch for a pyramid scheme.
    In my head i was like "Come on dude, we don't talk to anyone because we're shy and you only talk to us to recruit me"

Damn sales people
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    Just came back from the bank with my son he wouldn't take the lollipop from the teller. ( stranger). I decided to pass on the explanation
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    I was probably about 12 playing on a playground with my brother, who's a year older than me. A lady power walking by yelled that we were too old to be on the playground. Ignored her because stranger danger, but wtf. Why would you yell at kids playing?

... and why would you discourage preteens/teens from just playing at the park versus all the other things they could be getting up to? If you kids wanted to just chill at the park, she should be grateful.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    A few months ago, a guy came into the funeral home to pay for his mom's service. We were making conversation about regular stuff then he asked me if I was married and had any kids. When told him I was married, but didn't have any children. His response was "What's wrong with you? " I cried like a baby after he left.

It hit me particularly hard because I want kids very badly, but I knew my husband and I weren't going to work out.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Dog park strangers are the worst. Well, probably not *the worst*, but often quite annoying. Don't judge my dogs, you freaks! And keep your horny mutt away from my precious!

I can't imagine what kiddie parks are like with human kids and psycho parents. :#
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dog park strangers are the worst. Well, probably not *the worst*, but often quite annoying. Don't judge my dogs, you freaks! And keep your horny mutt away from my precious!

I can't imagine what kiddie parks are like with human kids and psycho parents. :#

People judge, your Snoopy's negatively? I'd ask to, pet them!

I was expected to, babysit other; people's children! Seriously 1 woman sat on a brick wall while, I had to ensure that her Son while playing with my Nephews; didn't get hurt when climbing!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »

I blame snoop dog for butchering the English language

Foshizzle
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options

Word up, homeslice
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

People judge, your Snoopy's negatively? I'd ask to, pet them!

I was expected to, babysit other; people's children! Seriously 1 woman sat on a brick wall while, I had to ensure that her Son while playing with my Nephews; didn't get hurt when climbing!

Your story reminds me of a time I was sitting in front of a store where they sell the rocking chairs (I think I was tired from walking all day) and this man just leaves his under 7 year old son with a case of soda in a chair in front of me. He's gone at least 15 minutes with his kid just out in front of the store! I think he saw me there and figured the random woman would look after his kid or he just didn't care. I was really bothered by that but bc I felt bad for the kid! He seemed well behaved and everything. smh