Where did my calories go?

I find myself using up all my calories by mid afternoon that i barely have any for dinner. Anyone run into this and have any tips to offer?

Rach

Replies

• Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    How many calories are you eating a day and can you post a daily menu?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Either skip dinner, or plan your meals in advance.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Preplan/map out your day. Log dinner before you get to it. You can always go back and change items, quantities later. But consider what calories you have remaining in your budget when you contemplate extra snacking.
    I find myself using up all my calories by mid afternoon that i barely have any for dinner. Anyone run into this and have any tips to offer?

Rach

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Pre log
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Make sure that your calorie goal isn't too aggressive. I know It's exciting to lose as fast as possible but it's far more important to be able to stick to it.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    What's your calorie goal?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    What's your calorie goal?

Yes, can you give us your details - how tall are you, how much weight are you trying to lose, and what is your calorie goal? It's very common for people to try and lose too fast and so they end up eating too little.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    JeanieWww wrote: »

There's no such thing a negative calorie foods. (Well, maybe hay since we don't have multiple stomachs and the ability to chew our cud.) Many of the foods in the list have quite high sugar content and some varieties have extremely high sugar content.

There is a better list here.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/negative-calorie-foods/

:D:D:D
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    @Tacklewasher I laughed really hard at that.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Plan, plan, plan. I pre-log my entire week on Sundays before I go to the grocery store, then make diary tweaks as I go about my week. With premium, you can track/plan meal-by-meal.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    @Tacklewasher I laughed really hard at that.

Read more of his site. He is focused on body building more than I am, but is really sensible. I actually found his site before finding MFP and learned a hell of a lot.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member

Rach

Eat food that isn't calorie dense; it will fill you up. For example, there's about as much carbs in a cup of rice as a single poptart. I'm not saying you eat poptarts (I do lol) but while I subscribe to IIFYM and don't avoid any certain foods, when my calories are reduced for a cut I tend towards cleaner food just so I'm not hungry.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    You could try intermittent fasting. Skip breakfast and save your calories for lunch and dinner.