Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Open your diary?
    What's your goal - Meal plan and Pre log
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    JeanieWww wrote: »
    In time you'll learn to find foods that have less calories in them. Here are some "negative calorie" foods. I say negative because it takes more caloric energy to eat and burn them off than they actually have.
    Celery
    Oranges
    Strawberries
    Tangerines
    Grapefruit
    Carrots
    Apricots
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Watermelon
    Cauliflower
    Apples
    Hot Chili Peppers
    Zucchini

Still count the portions and calories, but you can rest in knowing at least something that you eat will be burned off! Like previously said, you can get more calories by exercising. Even moderate or light exercise can gain you extra calories, so log the things you do! If it takes 15 minutes to vacuum the entire house, log it and get the free cals.

There's no such thing a negative calorie foods. (Well, maybe hay since we don't have multiple stomachs and the ability to chew our cud.) Many of the foods in the list have quite high sugar content and some varieties have extremely high sugar content.

There is a better list here.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/negative-calorie-foods/

Next you'll be telling us there is no Santa Claus!

:cry: :confounded::cry:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Time to stop blindly eating.
    Preplan your meals and you won't have this problem

I don't think this is meant how it sounds. I think she meant instead of going to the cupboard or refrigerator and grabbing whatever to eat, think ahead of time of how many calories you can eat a day and divide it up. Other posts are correct in saying to eat more protein, as it will help you feel fuller. Drinking water, LOTS of water, will help you feel more full especially if you drink a glass before each time that you eat. keep a bottle of water near you to drink all day long. Refill as needed. You'll be surprised how much less you feel you need to eat. If you don't want it plain, add lemon to it.

... i am unsure why you quoted me??
    If she wasn't eating blindly she would have enough calories left over.

When someone gets to the end of their day and realizes they have no calories left this means they ate and then logged it later and realized that they had nothing left and since the food was already consumed it's not like they could make the choice to put it back. some meals i make are more calorie dense then others, but in order to know what fits into my day i gotta plan ahead, i can't just wake up go to work and eat breakfast and lunch and a couple snacks and go home and find out i only have a couple hundred calories left to work with, even my salads are 500+ calories, how miserable would that be to go home only to have a little saucer of salad at the end because my calories are all gone when i could of planned, made adjusts to each meal and snack and portioned better. Thats why i said, don't eat blindly

I was super waiting to see you come back to respond to that not gonna lie :D

Lol.. i almost feel like i failed you, my response wasn't anything epic haha

Yeah. @jaydedmiss and I are disappointed at the lack of snark :)
  • Tacklewasher
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    In time you'll learn to find foods that have less calories in them. Here are some "negative calorie" foods. I say negative because it takes more caloric energy to eat and burn them off than they actually have.
    Celery
    Oranges
    Strawberries
    Tangerines
    Grapefruit
    Carrots
    Apricots
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Watermelon
    Cauliflower
    Apples
    Hot Chili Peppers
    Zucchini

Still count the portions and calories, but you can rest in knowing at least something that you eat will be burned off! Like previously said, you can get more calories by exercising. Even moderate or light exercise can gain you extra calories, so log the things you do! If it takes 15 minutes to vacuum the entire house, log it and get the free cals.

There's no such thing a negative calorie foods. (Well, maybe hay since we don't have multiple stomachs and the ability to chew our cud.) Many of the foods in the list have quite high sugar content and some varieties have extremely high sugar content.

Next you'll be telling us there is no Santa Claus!

:cry: :confounded::cry:

Don't know about Santa, but the Easter Bunny sure is taking his damn time to get here this year.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Have a plan rather than just eating and then logging it...plan what you're going to eat and pre-log, at least for awhile. Most successful implementations of anything involve some planning.

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    i agree i was excited to see snark at someone rewording what you said as if they know it beter XD
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    plan your meals ahead of time.

solves the problem.
  • JaydedMiss
    just realized it was the same girl going on about negative calorie food now im laughing uncontrollably. *kitten* im tired
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Do you notice calories disappear? I have. Sometimes if I edit a food or delete an entry it magically reappears.
  • Tacklewasher
    just realized it was the same girl going on about negative calorie food now im laughing uncontrollably. *kitten* im tired

I am in that weird cranky pants mood.. maybe a negative calorie food diet will cheer me up

"Shark" week? LOL
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    i agree i was excited to see snark at someone rewording what you said as if they know it beter XD

So i was right, which is why i am completely confused.. LOL the OP hasn't even said that she didn't understand my post... however the person quoting me clearly must think i think this person is blind??

I'm fairly certain she thought she read a snarky tone in your first post. So she softened it for you.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Celery
    Oranges
    Strawberries
    Tangerines
    Grapefruit
    Carrots
    Apricots
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Watermelon
    Cauliflower
    Apples
    Hot Chili Peppers
    Zucchini

Loved this article
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Love people who post looking for help and then never return to the post.
  • JaydedMiss

Calm down, it hasn't even been two hours!

Amazing as it may seem to you and I, some people have lives outside the mfp forums...

Can i buy one? sounds fun
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member

Calm down, it hasn't even been two hours!

Amazing as it may seem to you and I, some people have lives outside the mfp forums...

Can i buy one? sounds fun

Don't ask me.
  • Think of your calorie allotment as your paycheck, and the food as your cost of living. If you use it up all your money (calories) on luxuries you will be left trying to make it to the next payday with little or no money this going into debt or having to do with out in order to stay within your means. I suggest first looking at the calories you have available. Do you need more than what your goal allows? If so then check your MFP settings. If it is set to lose more than a pound or two a week your goal for the day will consist of less calories. Do you get exercise? If so that will give you some room for more calories. So take a look at what you have available in calories and make your wisest investment. Is a 300 calorie muffin at breakfast going to take up too much room? Is a burger and fries at lunch going to leave you with anything for dinner? Decide how much to have at each meal and stick with it. This can mean turning down a donut or some other item you really love to eat. Maybe try having smaller amounts of higher calorie items. Also, be aware of liquid calories.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Celery
    Oranges
    Strawberries
    Tangerines
    Grapefruit
    Carrots
    Apricots
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Watermelon
    Cauliflower
    Apples
    Hot Chili Peppers
    Zucchini

For starters, that's not what "you" say. That concept has been proposed and studied to death, shared and repeated a billion times on the internet.

Secondly, it's nonsense. Especially if ANY sugary or starchy fruits or veg are on the list. All of the NO.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2017
    Celery
    Oranges
    Strawberries
    Tangerines
    Grapefruit
    Carrots
    Apricots
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Watermelon
    Cauliflower
    Apples
    Hot Chili Peppers
    Zucchini

There is no such thing as negative calorie foods. I bet if I ate a serving or two of all the things on the list. I can easily hit over 300 cals. Negative calorie my butt.