Favorite go-to foods and drinks that help you stick to plan

Options
D_squareG
D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
I'm experimenting with some new foods to help me in my weight loss efforts. One of my new found passions is the Dasani Pineapple sparkling water. What are some of your g-to foods?

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Ice beverages do it for me. And pickles.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have found that variety and not restricting food choices makes me want to stick to my plan.
    I eat foods from every food group every day.
    I like almost everyhing. I prefer fresh foods that are in season.
    My favorites and what I find practical at any given time will change with circumstances, so I need to be flexible.
    I like to keep a stock of shelf-stable staples and fill up with fresh foods twice a week.

It feels like I don't eat a lot anymore, because I eat so many different things, but I think I use a lot of this: Whole milk, brown basmati rice, rice noodles, crispbread, peanuts, sesame seeds, potatoes, onion, broccoli, cucumbers, beets, brussel sprouts, peas, passata, apples, pomelos, tuna, salmon, chicken wings, pork chops, cheese, butter, black tea, herbal tea.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Kroger sparkling water, popcorn, yogurt.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Smartfood Jalapeno Cheddar popcorn
    Coffee
    Diet Dr. Pepper
    Pickled cauliflower, carrots, and other pickles.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Diet coke
    LaCroix
    Popcorn - I like the 100 calorie microwave bags
    Cut up some cucumbers with some bolthouse farms dressing as dip
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Siracha instead of dressings or spreads.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Tea, baby carrots
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with apple cider vinegar drinks. I used to buy Suja but now I make my own. I also enjoy the occasional kombucha.
  • anniesgolden1
    anniesgolden1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Frittatas - whatever veggies I have in the fridge + eggs and maybe a handful of cheese

Filling, lots of protein, not many calories. Reheats nicely in the oven the next day.
  • VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I could not live without plain Greek yogurt or oatmeal. There are so many different things to add to them that it really makes for a lot of variety!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The new "lite line" offering at our favorite pizzeria.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Daily chocolate or sour patch kids.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Daily chocolate & Greek yogurt - Fage Yum!
  • haileydawn91
    haileydawn91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a really "snacky" mood, I like to make plain popcorn in the microwave (put 1/3 cup of plain popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag, fold the top of the bag over to close it and microwave for ~2 1/2 minutes) and then use an olive oil mister to spray a little bit of oil on the popcorn. Could also add some spices or popcorn seasoning if you want some flavour. :smile:

I also love cottage cheese if I want something to hold me over well until my next meal. Lots of protein!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Bai drinks, especially the bubbles in the can - gives me the fizz of pop without all the sugar and calories and other additives. And they have a new line with root beer that is fabulous!

Body Armour has also recently started making a lyte version of their drinks that I really like, too. Best thing about both Body Armour and Bai is that they use stevia instead of splenda, nutrasweet, or equal! I can't stomach those 3 sweeteners - they make me sick to my stomach - but stevia doesn't bother me.

I also finally found a yogurt I like that wasn't loaded with sugar - Oikos triple zero greek yogurts. I use them as my sweet treat of an evening, and it helps me get my protein in for the day.
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    options hot chocolate drinks
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    D_squareG wrote: »
    I'm experimenting with some new foods to help me in my weight loss efforts. One of my new found passions is the Dasani Pineapple sparkling water. What are some of your g-to foods?

I blend up a pitcher of water with a 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, about 2 inches of ginger root (peel it first) half lime or lemon and a dash of cayenne pepper. You can sweeten with stevia or honey. I sip on it throughout the day and it tends to cut my cravings. If you blend it with ice it makes a nice frosty "mocktail". My step daughter liked so much she added a shot of tequila to it . . not that I am suggesting that LOL!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Well this week it has been 10 servings of fruit and veg each day.

But my foods change frequently. Some foods I eat often are eggs, sugar free energy drink, and black tea.