Favorite go-to foods and drinks that help you stick to plan

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Dessert every night - it's just yoghurt and fruit, frozen (with some extras mixed in) but it satisfies my sweet tooth :)
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Vegetables, definitely. More vegetables mean I'm almost certain to be under my calorie limit for the day.

After that, flavored teas. Any flavor, really.
  • Niples_
    Niples_ Posts: 53 Member
    Ghirardelli minis 1 or 2 a day. Only 45 calories and fills the hole in my sweet tooth. And I eat 200+ grams of protein to stay full. That and I lug a supermarket gallon of water around all day.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    I love Bai, but only the CocoFusion flavor. 10 calories per bottle. You can't beat that.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    *grins* I think the cocofusion is probably one of the only ones I could take or leave :) They have lots of options, though, and like you said - 10 calories a bottle or 5 calories a can, and only 1g sugar - or less! I keep looking at the ingredients list - which I can pronounce and which is minimal! - and I keep thinking to myself "there's got to be a catch here."
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Anything single-serve, easy-to-cook meals (I cook my salmon and veg in the microwave). Most importantly, a plan for the next day so I have something to focus on. Also lots of diet soda, black coffee and plain green tea.
  • Michellelynn219
    Michellelynn219 Posts: 62 Member
    My go to foods are, Chicken, Single serve cups wholly guacamole, PBFIT and Orgain protein powder. I fill my blender with 4 cups of water but only use 1 serving of protein powder and 1 serving of PBFIT. It fills me up that way. For my last snack of the night I have Frozen Oikos Zero yogurt It takes me an hour to eat since it's frozen. I also have 1TBS chocolate chip morsels and 1TBS peanut butter morsels which I let melt slowly. Water all day.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    My go to foods are my plan. My diary is open. I started making kefir and yogurt a few months ago, and more recently started making pizza and then bread, so my food frequently features my kefir, yogurt, pizza, and bread. My former constant dinner was a high and diverse vegetable stir-fry with a little meat. I've gotten away from stir-frying it because my wife complains about the smell of the vegetables cooking. I don't understand, but I do comply. I either roast or pressure cook my vegetables now.

If anything, my "go to" when I perceive a danger of falling off my plan is to go to the cardio machine in my living room and start working. Thirty minutes of that tends to knock the hunger down, or at least earn the calories.
  • cathysyng
    cathysyng Posts: 21 Member
    Hummus and carrot sticks
    Or I shred carrots Grate like spaghetti (long) and put them a light brine... Vietnamese pickled carrot. The type they put in banh Mi sandwiches. I serve myself a small bowl full of the drained carrots Add a few drops of Sri Racha and pretend I'm eating a bowl of spaghetti... Delicious and crunchy
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 902 Member
    Straight up apples. Occasionally with Walden Farms calorie-free caramel dip if I am feeling frisky.

I can get a bag of 4-6 apples for $.99 at the King Soopers near me [any of them]. Discount produce bin is godly, most of it is just fine.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited March 2017
    Soup
    Baby Carrots
    Popcorn
    However, any low calorie item must actually taste good or else I still won't feel satisfied.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Frozen veggies and frozen fruit!
    Pickles (curb cravings for me big time)
    Plain Greek yogurt
    Chia seeds
    Black tea and coconut oil.
    Black beans and kidney beans! :)
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    skinny pop dusted with dark chocolate
    peanut butter powder in my smoothies every day after working out
    my smoothies everyday that give me so many servings of veggies, fruit, and anti-inflammatories (tumeric and ginger)
    quinoa
  • Landofkim
    Landofkim Posts: 89 Member
    Carrots, Baker's string cheese sticks, yogurt, popcorn, small plum & coffee
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    edited March 2017
    I like bone broth mixed with chicken broth to hold me over until my meal.

Maybe not a question for this thread but I buy Pacific brand bone broth and it says 9 grams of protein for 45 calories. That seems way too good to be true and considering I have a hard time meeting my protein goals, idk, this could solve my protein problem.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    skinny pop dusted with dark chocolate....now that's something I would like !!

Salad, oranges, grapefruit and broccoli are my healthy standards. Cereal, peanut butter and pita bread pizza are the less than
    perfect fillers.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Just vacuum sealed three gallons of vegetable soup in pint jars. They calculated out to 202 calories, 14 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. Add a 120 calorie half toasted cheese sandwich and I have a filling lite lunch with good macros. B)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    An apple with cottage cheese does it for me
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Loaded salads
    Greek yogurt
    Bolthouse Greek yogurt dressings
    Eggs
    Bagel and sandwich thins
    Cottage cheese
    Cheese
    Lacroix water
    Coffee
  • nono706
    nono706 Posts: 25 Member
    I make air popped popcorn, and top it with lemon juice instead of oil or butter and lots of spices and nutritional yeast-very savory, fiber and protein. I also like Yasso bars for a little treat- 80-110 calories, but 5g of protein and they aren't too sweet.

I keep veggie sticks chopped and ready in the fridge at all times- carrot, celery, jicama, and cucumber. If I'm going to be away from the house for a while I throw some of those in a bag with soaked almonds to keep my body going.

I quickly can get to feeling weak or spacey without eating enough carbs through the morning, so I need things that are easy to prepare and eat.

My lunch plan is either a salad or a stir fry. I keep the veggies pre-cut in my fridge so all I have to do is assemble my meal. I hate prepping my food for the week, but it saves me so much time during the week. It's probably the most effective change I've made for myself this year.