Quick question

Options
I have a question because I always get confused with roll over calories and don't wanna mess anything up I have like 906 from Sunday to today that I didn't eat because I wasn't hungry at the time I might go out with some friends tonight so would that mean I could eat those 906 calories on top of my 1,569 today and still be in a calorie deficit I log and weigh everything

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's called banking calories. Lots of people here use that method to allow some flexibility, especially on the weekends.
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You would still be in a calorie deficit for the week, but not a calorie deficit for the day. And if you have had a weigh-in between Sunday and today then you might see a weight increase the next time you step on the scale.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You could see a temporary weight gain - due to extra food mass in your body, water weight from additional sodium and such. But 2-3 days, most likely, of regular routine will have that cleared out.
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! You've helped me a lot
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your dinner out!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I understand the weekly calorie bank but it is possible that if you weigh after that extra calorie day you will retain more water and your weight will be off until you get rid of the sodium water weight.