• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Come here!! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/122-swimmers
    Fun group of people, all abilities :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I do a fair amount of lake swimming in the summer. My dad and I have been racing across since I was about 15. I finally beat him about 5 years ago. Granted, it took me until I was 41 and he was 66, but I'm counting it!!

I used to lap swim in the pool as well, but the chlorine really messes with my face (rosacea), so I had to stop. If I can figure out how to protect my skin, I'd love to start again.
  • Erswim10
    Erswim10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm a former competitive swimmer and instruction and I miss it so much!!!!! The best pool option I have doesn't have hours that work well for me.

I'm so sorry! I find it sometimes difficult to find time but try to stick to a schedule where I can get in, even if it is just for 45 minutes.
  • Erswim10
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I do a fair amount of lake swimming in the summer. My dad and I have been racing across since I was about 15. I finally beat him about 5 years ago. Granted, it took me until I was 41 and he was 66, but I'm counting it!!

I used to lap swim in the pool as well, but the chlorine really messes with my face (rosacea), so I had to stop. If I can figure out how to protect my skin, I'd love to start again.

I am going to do my first open water swim this summer and I am really looking forward to it! Great that you and your dad have kept up with racing each other for those years! I hope you can find a solution, maybe a lotion or something that would take away the negative effects of the chlorine.
  • Erswim10
    Options
    Yes I love swimming! I'm taking a swim class with my school two times a week and then I also go 2-3 times a week on top of that. It just calms my mind. :)

It is a great workout, you can really get lost in a swim (in a good way)! I do my best clear thinking while I am swimming.
  • Erswim10
    Options
    Come here!! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/122-swimmers
    Fun group of people, all abilities :)

Will do! Thank you!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Erinswim92 wrote: »
    TmacMMM wrote: »

I am going to do my first open water swim this summer and I am really looking forward to it! Great that you and your dad have kept up with racing each other for those years! I hope you can find a solution, maybe a lotion or something that would take away the negative effects of the chlorine.

I really should do some experimenting. I hate to give it up just because I'm too chicken to try again.