Looking to God instead of food--fellow Believers out there?

Options

Replies

• briegirl28
    briegirl28 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer and I find that turning to my higher power when feeling stressed or overwhelmed helps to reduce stress and anxiety, which in turn helps to deal binge eating or stress eating.
  • dawnfern13
    dawnfern13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am new to this app & to logging my calories. What an eye opener to how many calories I need to eat to lose 2 pounds a week, wowza, I am eating more than I ever have!
    Jesus is my breath, my life. I am nothing without him. He is our rock & is on our side.
    I have lost over 1,300 pounds since birth. My dedication this time is to glorify Him with my health & be used by Him.
    I am stepping up and leading a Made to Crave study.
    I am excited to meet other siblings in Christ.
    Please add me to the group
  • Tommygirl_Swag
    Tommygirl_Swag Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jesus Freak here! Feel free to add me & when can motivate one another together.. <<Philippians 4:13>>
  • Miss_Hattie
    Miss_Hattie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think I'd like to join this group. I'm new and was skimming the posts on the boards looking to see if there were any Christ followers and I ran across this group. I have lost and gained so much over the years. Once lost 125 pounds. Now at age 63 and a problematic type 2 diabetic, my doctor suggested bariatric surgery as the diabetes should subside within a few days after surgery. I am going through the pre-surgery testing and dieting requirements right now. Hoping I will be ready and approved for the surgery by early June.
  • momofboys330
    momofboys330 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Buy the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkuerst. It is usually done as a study group but can be read alone as well. Focuses on craving God instead of food.
  • FaeryLove18
    FaeryLove18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yessss! I was seeking a group or people of faith to be friends and support each other. NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING is impossible when you have faith. We can certianly achieve anything. Please feel free to add me anyone who'd like some friendly support. :)
  • letsdothis_again
    letsdothis_again Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • DeCe3149
    DeCe3149 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How are you added to a group? I believe in Jesus. His virgin birth all the way to his resurrection. I teach a ladies Sunday School Class at church. Would love to be able to connect to other Christians.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    jan4jesus2 wrote: »
    Hi, I'd love to be part of this group! Have you heard of the "Mase to Crave" book/study by Lisa Terkheurst? I was actually thinking about trying to start a group where we'd read that book together and have some discussion. That's exactly what the book is about.

There is at least one group on this subject on here already.
  • quintessential1
    quintessential1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome. Bible says, don't be a glutton.
  • lizComeBack2017
    lizComeBack2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    your all more than welcome to add me, lord knows I need the friedships :)<3
  • missrunner5
    missrunner5 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Christian peeps feel free to add me. Christian stay at home mum trying to loose baby weight.
  • 2hvnigo
    2hvnigo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me. Please. Christian Pastor here.
  • khartell1022
    khartell1022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Please add me too.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
  • drmichellefennick
    drmichellefennick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends who love God! I'm working on getting away from turning to eating for happiness and stress-relief and instead getting into the Word and prayer and seeking God's best for my life.

Looking to God and his wonderful promises, instead of food or some other substitution, is something I work on daily. Not something that comes naturally (at least to me).

Anyone, feel free to add me as a friend; it's important to support and to lift each other up.