Boil egg diet

Options
13»

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    24clouds wrote: »
    Mmmm I just had 2 boiled eggs and salad!
    Do Easter eggs count on this crazy egg diet? Mini eggs? Cream eggs? Oh god easter so hard lol

ALL OF THE CHOCOLATE ALWAYS.

I live virtually opposite a chocolatier. Might need to get one of their eggs and have an IDGAF moment with it. And it will only be a moment.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me, it's getting close to time to resurrect the infamous Easter thread about hard boiled eggs...
  • Activix
    Activix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs are an excellent source of protein... yeah the yoke is evil, but we are all allowed a few variances in life. But here is the thing, if you want to drop weight and keep it off - you need to train your body. Dropping weight is 70% diet and 30% activity... Diet does not equate to starving yourself - nothing good will come from that... I enjoy a boiled egg or two after a long run in the morning - that protein is an added bonus for recovery! All that said - if you roll into this boiled egg diet, I would highly recommend dropping $20 on a egg cooker. They steam the eggs and make peeling the shell easy! Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you. =)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    The only time the Joy of Cooking has ever let me down was when it recommended the cold water start for hard boiled eggs.

Here's how and why to do the boiling water start: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/the-secrets-to-peeling-hard-boiled-eggs.html
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The only time the Joy of Cooking has ever let me down was when it recommended the cold water start for hard boiled eggs.

Here's how and why to do the boiling water start: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/the-secrets-to-peeling-hard-boiled-eggs.html

Was not overjoyed either!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/232024/hard-boiled-eggs-in-the-oven/
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Activix wrote: »
    Boiled eggs are an excellent source of protein... yeah the yoke is evil, but we are all allowed a few variances in life. But here is the thing, if you want to drop weight and keep it off - you need to train your body. Dropping weight is 70% diet and 30% activity... Diet does not equate to starving yourself - nothing good will come from that... I enjoy a boiled egg or two after a long run in the morning - that protein is an added bonus for recovery! All that said - if you roll into this boiled egg diet, I would highly recommend dropping $20 on a egg cooker. They steam the eggs and make peeling the shell easy! Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you. =)

In what way is the yolk of an egg evil?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    THEROSE883 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of the boil egg diet and does it really work?

No. Keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change so unless you plan to eat boiled eggs forever it would be best to eat regular food and stay within the calories you need per day to lose weight. Fad diets never work long term.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks evil, don't be daft.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Never read the oy of Cooking, I am a Fannie Farmer Cookbook fan. I DO watch Alton Brown and he recommends the cold water start. I had trouble hard cooking eggs until I used the cold water start. I will never boiling water start my eggs again.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    This thread reminds me, it's getting close to time to resurrect the infamous Easter thread about hard boiled eggs...

When the thing about how Sean Spicer had been the White House easter bunny back in the Bush administration came out, I of course thought first about that thread!

6oh1867qntxh.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »

When the thing about how Sean Spicer had been the White House easter bunny back in the Bush administration came out, I of course thought first about that thread!

6oh1867qntxh.jpg

How on earth did I miss this gem of news?