Needing to get my last 15 pounds off...

Options
jacquelynkay
jacquelynkay Posts: 149 Member
I've tried for six months to get my last 15 pounds off and can't. I've hit a wall. It seems my whole body is constantly hungry for the last two months. I've lost my weight over a 3 year or longer process. For whatever reason, what I've done for the last 3 years, is no longer working. Suggestion?

Also, would like some faithful people as motivation friends.

Replies

• thatATLgirl
    thatATLgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think what my trainer guy would tell me, is to adjust my macro's. Eat less carbs, more fat and protein. Maybe 20% calories from carbs and the rest from protein and fat.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    Why don't you tell us what you have been doing. Then we can make suggestions that could be different and help.
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What exercise are you doing? I have never had more than 15lbs to lose (the very highest) and usually more around 5-10lbs so I believe the key is to do HIIT cardio and strength training. I do Insanity because it is HIIT cardio and strength combined and I have gotten amazing results from it. It burns off that last stubborn layer of body fat and makes you strong and lean. It's easy to fit in time wise because it's only 40 minutes and you can do it at home.
  • ErinBoisvert
    ErinBoisvert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've tried for six months to get my last 15 pounds off and can't. I've hit a wall. It seems my whole body is constantly hungry for the last two months. I've lost my weight over a 3 year or longer process. For whatever reason, what I've done for the last 3 years, is no longer working. Suggestion?

HI Jacquelyn. I am no expert. But I have recently hit 103% of my goal. I took up Kettlebell exercise a few months ago. SINCE I have been putting on lean muscle I seem to almost be losing fat without trying. I am 41 years old and probably in the best shape of my life (since being a teenager). I have 4 kids. I started on my fitness pal about 2 year's ago. I have lost my weight slowly but surely. IF you want to add me as a friend that would be awesome. We could chat and encourage more.
    Erin
  • 6pack87
    6pack87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    kalamarikm wrote: »
    I think what my trainer guy would tell me, is to adjust my macro's. Eat less carbs, more fat and protein. Maybe 20% calories from carbs and the rest from protein and fat.

She's absolutely right. Try the macros and incorporate HIIT twice weekly along with weight training and you should lose the last few pounds. I'm in the same boat, just have 7 more pounds to go :)
  • jacquelynkay
    Options
    Why don't you tell us what you have been doing. Then we can make suggestions that could be different and help.

I started a low carb journey. For 2 1/2 years. I've gradually started to introduce more carbs back into the diet. Not much, but more than I did. I know I cannot live on a low carb diet my entire life, just so upset that I've hit a roadblock.

• jacquelynkay
    Options
    jnducharme wrote: »
    What exercise are you doing? I have never had more than 15lbs to lose (the very highest) and usually more around 5-10lbs so I believe the key is to do HIIT cardio and strength training. I do Insanity because it is HIIT cardio and strength combined and I have gotten amazing results from it. It burns off that last stubborn layer of body fat and makes you strong and lean. It's easy to fit in time wise because it's only 40 minutes and you can do it at home.

I honestly don't do much. Why? I had emergency back surgery Last February and my injury ( spinal cord compression) and I've never regained some of mobility in my leg and foot. So, that's no excuse, I can walk for short amounts of time. With the weather getting better, I will do that. Thank you :)
  • jacquelynkay
    Options

HI Jacquelyn. I am no expert. But I have recently hit 103% of my goal. I took up Kettlebell exercise a few months ago. SINCE I have been putting on lean muscle I seem to almost be losing fat without trying. I am 41 years old and probably in the best shape of my life (since being a teenager). I have 4 kids. I started on my fitness pal about 2 year's ago. I have lost my weight slowly but surely. IF you want to add me as a friend that would be awesome. We could chat and encourage more.
    Erin

Wonderful! Very proud of you! I will have to google 'KettleBell Exercises'. Never heard of it. I will add you :)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Gondowolf wrote: »
    Well you can try:
    1) Fat burrning supplements like L carinitine (no side effects)
    2) Building more muslce ( it will speed up your metabolism )
    3) Increase cardio only if the 1) and 2) don't work because too much cardio can cause problems with cardiovascular system due to the lactit acid effect in vasodilation of blood vessels.

Except for #2, the rest is poor advice.

OP if you are within 15 pounds of a healthy weight then change your goal to 0.5-1 pound per week. Macro counting can also help with body composition. Resistance/weight training is great for fat loss and increasing muscular tone.
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm working on my last 10-15 pounds. It's slow and I'm feeling extra hungry the last few weeks - I look at the hunger as my body needs to adjust to this new low weight - I've never weighed this little since middle school.
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd lift. With your injury just be cautious and listen to your body. Go in very slow on weight and feel it out. No one at the gym cares if you're bench pressing a 30lb bar bell. I'm starting over after over a year out of it and have a bum shoulder so I'm all beast benching 90lbs but no one cares.

Lifting will improve your figure and the added muscle will passively burn calories. Along with it you should take a protein supplement (shake) to provide the material for building muscle. Protein will make you feel fuller longer.

Just my $1.50
  • jacquelynkay
    Options
    Thank each of you for responding! I greatly appreciate it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!