How not to be a gym douche...

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If you're trolling for a guy, stay away from the married ones. It sucks for their wives.

This. Don't be a *kitten*. Anywhere. Even at the gym where everyone is already half naked. It's whorish. Plus it's kind of whorelike. Also it's a whorey thing to do. IDK I guess it just seems so whoreacious to me. I remember too that my husband always gets embarrassed by *kitten*-iffic behavior while it's happening, and then later he is full out laughing at them. He's like did you see that was funny when I looked straight at you and they all turned around and stopped talking completely. And I'm always like in my head thinking "yeah, it's so hilarious that little groups of women see you near me and yet somehow don't think we are together, that's so funny" *awkwardbutthurteyeroll*.

So yeah, just try to look at their hands sometimes. Awhile back these things were invented called wedding rings and men wear them on their left hand on the 4th finger. If they have one it is commonly meant to express, "I am married" to onlookers and meant to create a comfortable space for that person in social settings so that he can complete whatever task he is meant to complete without having to be in awkward situations and having women display their junk and distract from the task at best or distract from the marriage at worst.

Finally, one last thing-- *kitten*.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    A few of mine:

- circuit training. In a busy gym, one dude can't expect to have 4-5 pieces of equipment unoccupied while he jumps from station to station. If you want to have an entire gym to yourself, buy your own equipment and build one in your basement.

- long treadmill walkers. If you plan on going for 2 hour walk at 2mph, the park or the mall is probably an excellent place to go, instead of parking on a treadmill while others would like to use it
    Join a different gym lol they pay for it too
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    DON'T be OP

You down with OPP?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    DON'T be OP

You down with OPP?

:huh:
  • Dechant63
    Dechant63 Posts: 59
    Options
    Love it!! So true!
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My worst one is death stares lol im just trying to do my workout in peace and i look up if i make eye contact with someone they look like they wanna fight or something haha.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Everything except number 5. If your workout requires a 5 minute rest between sets then what exactly do you expect them to do in that time, sit there are stare straight ahead (definitely not looking around at other people because that's rude also).

This is only okay if, when I ask you if I can work in on the piece of equiptment you are using you allow me to.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    6) Take that massive dump before you start your workout .............AT HOME
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options

1) Clean your weights (take the weights off the bar when you're done).
    2) Keep the weights organized (Don't make the next guy remove three 45 lbs plates to get to one 2.5).
    3) Get the **** away from the weight rack with your little curls and shrugs.
    4) Don't leave your dumbbells or plates on the floor.
    5) Notice the people around you, and don't talk to your friend for 5 minutes between sets.
    I love you.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    DON'T be OP

You down with OPP?

YEAH YOU KNOW ME
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    YAWN
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    flip side to the '*kitten*' thing.

don't be an effing perv. believe me, i do as much glute/ham stuff at home as possible to minimize time on the 45 degree hyper. that said, i have a feeling the perviest guys (older and/or not from north america) have never even heard of mfp; wasting typing energy.

in general - pervy or not - just quit staring & keep your eyes on your fries, bub. if you're going to zone out, look up.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Wipe off the nasty head sweat mark on the benches, take your empty water bottles and used paper towels to the trash, put the weights back where they belong. Although id rather walk over a pile of plates on the ground then to have to unload 445 pounds 45 pounds at a time from the leg press machine... People at the gym are some of the laziest MFers out there.. And oh yeah, dont think you're cool guy by throwing tour dumbbells tot he ground from 3 feet. If you cant set them down their too heavy... Oh, and one more thing... no one thinks you're the ultra cool you think you are by smoking your vaporized cigarette in the gym... Really!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    6) Take that massive dump before you start your workout .............AT HOME

:laugh:

Another time when I'm very glad to have my own gym at home. and when I do go to a public gym it is a strength based gym with no mirrors, machines etc. Punishment for leaving weights on the bar is prowler runs. No one ever leaves weights on there anymore
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You know, nothing pisses me off more than those idiots that leave the weights on the bar.

Last week I had an argument with one of those idiots over the Squat Rack.
    The moron left his plates on the bar, so I kindly asked him to remove them so I could put mine.

He told me, exactly like this : ''well if you can use the bar you should be able to remove the weights yourself, that's not my job''

I was so pissed >:-(

I was lucky enough that another guy happened to pass by and told him (not so nicely) to remove his ***king plates.

urg

Ha! Good I'm glad there was someone there backing you up! It is the only thing that really annoys me at the gym, but I am too timid to ever say anything...
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

5) Notice the people around you, and don't talk to your friend for 5 minutes between sets.

or **** around with your cell phone for 5 minutes between sets!

"yea yea I see you guys waiting. I need to check facebook and send a few texts first!"
    back when I was in college this was annoying, I can only imagine how bad the cellphone issue has gotten in recent years

OMG....THIS!!!!!! Seriously. This seems to be more prevalent with the younger generation, in my experience but i suppose an age bracket can be guilty of it. Seriously, if you gotta check your phone or whatever, don't rest on the machine or in the way or someone else between sets. It's freakin' rude. :mad:
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options

OMG yes then get confused as to why I am setting up the rack whilst you are appearantly still using it even though you have been chatting for 10 MINUTES!!!!!

AS WELL just coz I'm a girl doesnt mean you need to give me looks like I'm a freak show just becuase I lift!!!!
  • wonderbolt
    wonderbolt Posts: 48
    Options
    Don't say I can have the rack when you're done and then give it to your mate, then his mate, then his mate. Just cause I'm a girl
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcIxROx5lc

Check it out... Don't be THAT guy!