Pop Tarts for breakfast? For shame!

Options
nightengale7
nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
Just had a coworker try to shame me for eating Pop Tarts for breakfast. He knows I'm trying to lose weight and told me I was using up my treat for an empty calorie breakfast.
I told him that actually I had prelogged my food for the day and that, far from not getting a "treat" I was having 2 girl scout cookies later. He had no response to that.
He has been doing full on low carb to lose weight, even though he loves pasta/bread/potatoes etc. so I think he is just jealous that I still get to eat what I want. >:)
Never let someone shame you for doing what works for you! We all use different methods to lose weight, and the occasional pop tart never killed anyone. :drinker:

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes - all things in moderation!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Smores pop tarts for the win!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Unfrosted grape pop-tarts are the best.

End of discussion.

that sounds awful
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    It has been told that you cannot lose weight while eating processed foods.

You can also lose weight faster by cutting off a limb.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My fave are brown sugar and cinnamon Pop Tarts! Mostly because I live in Canada and we can't get them here. Honorable mentions to chocolate fudge and raspberry.

Sometimes I eat toaster strudels for dinner. Only 360 calories for two!
  • nightengale7
    Options

They are my favorite, chocolatey, marshmallowy (it's a word) goodness wrapped in graham! However, I draw the line at having that as a breakfast food. Dessert or a snack? Fair game.
    95c295d95f5efc2f81e3ac06184d95a1.jpg
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

They are my favorite, chocolatey, marshmallowy (it's a word) goodness wrapped in graham! However, I draw the line at having that as a breakfast food. Dessert or a snack? Fair game.

That...looks amazing! <3
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

It's missing the, graham crackers! :#
  • nightengale7
    Options

The pop tart IS the graham cracker! That's what makes it so goooooood...yum.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think poptarts are gross but if you like them go ahead. No shame in eating food you like... except if you stole it.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

The pop tart IS the graham cracker! That's what makes it so goooooood...yum.

If extra marshmallows & chocolate was, necessary so; was extra graham crackers!