What is the 'Best Diet' to lose weight?

Options
I'm doing intermittent fasting and it's working great, but not sure what to do after.

Replies

• NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    CICO - calories in calories out.

Look at a few calculators online to figure out how much you burn just breathing/activity level. Subtract however much amount and be on a deficit
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    The one you're more likely to adhere to for the time required to lose the weight you need to lose. A modest deficit including all the food groups works for me.
  • Iberita
    Iberita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What's the purple pill?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Iberita wrote: »
    What's the purple pill?
    I sell them for $19.99 plus S&H, just contact me. It's sells right up there with the unnecessary detox kits. :lol:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm doing intermittent fasting and it's working great, but not sure what to do after.

IF is an eating style.

If it's 'working' it's because you're in a calorie deficit
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

After you are done dieting? Maintenance for 5:2 (not sure what protocol you are following) is 5:2 until you meet your goal, then 500 calorie days as needed to maintain your weight.

Maintenance is more calories than you ate while dieting, but fewer calories than you used to eat. So if you are following 16:8 (example) you would continue eating that way, only increase your calories slightly.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    The one you can stick with.

This is the correct answer!

Until you find a sustainable meal plan, the second you stop doing IF you will gain everything back.
  • ramonramirez1975
    ramonramirez1975 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, once I reach my goals I will do what you mentioned.
  • DustyRuth23
    DustyRuth23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Iberita wrote: »
    What's the purple pill?

Nexium? lol

• Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Mostly all diets work, but at the same time 95% of them fail because It's a short-term solution rather than a long-term choice. With that being said, all diets follow one simple rule, a caloric deficit to lose weight. Now how they dress that package up and sell it to everyone, that's the geniuses of marketing and advertising. Simple logical rules, just stay away from empty calorie foods that provides no nutritional benefit (sodas, processed breads, oils, etc...)

But to answer your question in a more direct way:

There are really only 1 diet that has proved to be the best over many decades and that was the Weight Watchers Program. It's a more of an psychological behavior approach with the assistance of group participation that makes this work. Studies show that when you have an accountability partner than, you are more and likely to achieve your goal.

So my top 3 would be:

1. Weight Watchers - History and statistics back this up
    2. Jenny Craig -
    3. Raw vegan - for the fastest results.