Where are my Fashionistas?

Options
Any other fashionistas on here this weight loss journey. I'm a self-proclaimed fashionista as a hobby. I love fashion, make-up and dressing up going out and to work. I've only lost 10lbs so far and I have already started going through my closet trying on different outfits especially getting ready for the summer. I've been busy on Pinterest creating more fashion boards. I can't wait to lose 30lbs. I think I'll go crazy!

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I think that applies to me. I love to shop for clothes, shoes, make up and hair. I have lost a lot of weight so I am trying to cut down on shopping. Too many new clothes that are now too big. But I definitely love fashion.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Did someone say Fashionista? I have part of my paycheck automatically sent to a "shopping account"....not that I have a problem or anything, lol!
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Did someone say Fashionista? I have part of my paycheck automatically sent to a "shopping account"....not that I have a problem or anything, lol!

This is a judgment-free zone. We encouraging shopping here. :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The term fashionista makes me bristle for some reason but I am a seamstress, costume enthusiastic, fashion history geek, collector of vintage (everything, homeware, jewellery, clothes, all preferably pre 1962ish), collector of modern "designer" plastic jewellery and someone who often has their appearance commented on by strangers.

Also into make-up and beauty. Change my hair like my shoes, self taught hair colourist (of my own hair) to the point my hairdresser and her colleagues have asked how I have achieved a particular look.

I have almost continuously bought and sold clothing as I've shrunk and I have some things especially for when I am pretty much at goal.

So yeah, I enjoy the pretty things.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The term fashionista makes me bristle for some reason but I am a seamstress, costume enthusiastic, fashion history geek, collector of vintage (everything, homeware, jewellery, clothes, all preferably pre 1962ish), collector of modern "designer" plastic jewellery and someone who often has their appearance commented on by strangers.

Also into make-up and beauty. Change my hair like my shoes, self taught hair colourist (of my own hair) to the point my hairdresser and her colleagues have asked how I have achieved a particular look.

I have almost continuously bought and sold clothing as I've shrunk and I have some things especially for when I am pretty much at goal.

The term fashionista kinda of does the same thing to me since I work as a designer. I actually shop less because I work in the industry and know the true cost of things, have higher standards, and more expensive taste. I'm a fit engineer so I'm neurotic about things fitting perfectly.

With that said, I gained a size last year, bought new clothes, then lost a size. My old clothes are now my new clothes :) I think there is a massive closet purge in my near future...
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Major eBay weekend planned for me. Last year I sold some very nice 20's & 22's - it was kind of cool because they people buying them were very happy to get them.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Usually when you lose weight, you'll also become somewhat a fashionista because you gain more confidence. I'm an Architectural designer though not much into fashion & make-up (though I've been told that I'm good at it during those occasional times that they see me wearing one) as I prefer simple, classic style that never goes out of fashion but I do make sure to wear it with elegance even with just a simple jeans & shirt. I do love designer clothes & shoes & sometimes when its on sale & I happen to plan buying a new outfit, I buy them because of the quality & the durability.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I haven't been into clothes for a while, but now I am totally into dresses. I discovered some awesome vintage reproductions on Amazon that are so reasonable and (usually) pretty decent quality--so for $20-40 a dress (plus the petticoats), I've gone nuts. I can't wait for spring!!

Now casual clothes...meh. Jeans and tee/tank are usually it. I need some inspiration for comfy but fun casual stuff.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate to go clothes shopping. I only go when i am desperate.

Summer is spent in shorts and tank tops and winter is trackie pants and leggings with flannie shirts :open_mouth:

Sorry lol, don't mind me, carry on :lol:
  • ahuk123
    ahuk123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love shopping! I usually just buy clothes for my 2 girls cause nothing ever looks good on me. I can't wait till I'm able to actually walk into a store and find things that fit my body right. But i do splurge on wayyyy too much makeup at Sephora
  • kimberleyblantonhudgins
    Options
    Fashionista,
    I am here! I love fashion and it is my hobby. I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago. I have a lot to lose.. But I look forward to the shopping after!!
  • kimberleyblantonhudgins
    Options
    Mrs. Pinterest what is your name on Pinterest? I am on there I have fashion, bags, my style and of course being an esthetician I have my skincare boards, make up and fitness, too! Look me up!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

The term fashionista kinda of does the same thing to me since I work as a designer. I actually shop less because I work in the industry and know the true cost of things, have higher standards, and more expensive taste. I'm a fit engineer so I'm neurotic about things fitting perfectly.

With that said, I gained a size last year, bought new clothes, then lost a size. My old clothes are now my new clothes :) I think there is a massive closet purge in my near future...

Ha, same. Hence my sewing and buying of vintage. Plus modern high street isn't made anywhere near for my body shape on the whole, the bust/hip/waist ratios are generally made smaller now. If I'm buying new I prefer to pay a premium for good quality. Most everything I buy retains much of its value so easy to sell on without too much pain.

That said, I have bought things on my way down the sizes just for the sake of economy but I always end up with a baggy waist when I shrink a little so nothing lasts long. But because I didn't spend a lot I don't mind.
  • RaphaBianchi
    RaphaBianchi Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Quite the opposite. I'm trying to slim down so I can still wear the same clothes from 10 years ago!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting to get to my goal weight before I buy any new clothes (save for the occasional pair of trousers/jeans when the old literally start falling off me). My Pintrest board is full of all kind of soon to be outfits!
  • fasterpssycat
    fasterpssycat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider myself a fashionista because in my mind I'd have to be small enough to be able to fit in the clothes of most stores and labels easily, but I am a peacock. I have a bodacious hourglass figure, but I'm right on that 14/16 cusp that makes it hard to shop at mosts places. I love dresses and jewelry and shoes and makeup and my big hair. I'm a total femme of the highest order. Ankle boots have been my thing lately, though I did buy my first pair of tassel loafers a month back because they were metallic rose gold and I've already worn them enough that they're justified!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am a shoe addict and plan outfits around my shoes. I have also discovered I go a little crazy buying workout clothes (especially now that my butt is so much smaller and perkier the compression styles make it look amazing!)
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Ha, same. Hence my sewing and buying of vintage. Plus modern high street isn't made anywhere near for my body shape on the whole, the bust/hip/waist ratios are generally made smaller now. If I'm buying new I prefer to pay a premium for good quality. Most everything I buy retains much of its value so easy to sell on without too much pain.

That said, I have bought things on my way down the sizes just for the sake of economy but I always end up with a baggy waist when I shrink a little so nothing lasts long. But because I didn't spend a lot I don't mind.

Everything is cut really straight and boxy right now... except for cropped flares. Can I complain just for a moment about cropped flares??? Who decided that was a good idea?!?! THE WORST! Ugh, my high school yearbook wants its wardrobe back.

I've been doing oversized tops and skinny bottoms for several years now. It's probably why I didn't realize I'd gained a few pounds until I needed to buy new jeans. The fact that high waisted jeans are dominating the market is probably why I finally got on MFP. I'm sure 40's & 50's vintage will trend again in the near future and I'll be ready when it does. I love me some tailored shirt waist dresses :) I mean seriously, how many times can we regurgitate the 70's and 80's before it dies? Can it die please? My hips need room to breathe!
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Total Fashionista here! Always have been - clothes, shoes, hair, makeup - all of it. And now that I've gone from a 14/16 back down to my 'normal' size 8, I'm having so much fun, even shopping in my closet! When I was still losing, I found some great stuff at the Good Will store near me, so I was able to supplement my wardrobe without wasting a lot of money. I also donated anything that was too big, so a). there was no going backwards, and b). tax write-off!

And TheCupcakeCounter, I hear you with the workout clothes. I really do have to calm down. ;-) But I was the same when I was horseback riding more often - had every color breeches, tops to match, black AND brown paddock boots, etc.