How many ring sizes lost?

Options
Not really sure if this is the right place for the question but...

A lot of people have mentioned losing ring sizes when they lose weight and I was wondering, how much weight did you lose and how many ring sizes did you lose with it?

I'm only down about 30lbs and I still have 100 to go but I can only wear my favorite rings on my thumbs now and I've gone from a size 9 to a 7 on my middle finger. Do you think I'm likely to drop down a lot more or am I just weirdly losing weight from my hands first? I'm already trying to figure out what to do since many of my rings can't be resized...

Replies

• dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I lost 90+ lbs & 3 ring sizes (10.5 - 7.5)
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Lost 68 lbs. Wedding set went from size 10 to size 8 and are spinning around again. Jeweler says they can only be resized one more time, so I'm waiting to reach final weight goal.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Down 94 - I couldn't wear some of my older wide rings comfortably for a while but I basically stayed my same 5 1/2 - 6 depending on type. But I did have to have 2 links taken out of all my watches!
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    None here. I was a size 5 ring size 20 pounds heavier and still a size 5 ring size at my goal weight.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Ring size 6 - they were tight at 200 and loose at 135 but wearable. The only time my ring size changed was when I was pregnant and my hands swelled.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    From a 7 down to the 4 1/2 I had when I got married. Except now I'm so sensitive to metal I can't wear any jewelry at all. My Fitbit bothers me quite a lot and I have to switch wrists between night and day to be able to deal with it.

I've lost 95 pounds.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My ring is a 4.25 at my lowest (though loose then) and at my hghest (much tighter but still able to slip off except right after exercise. And there is almost a 40 pound difference between those two weights on a 5'4" woman.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I don't resize my wedding ring when I lose weight because my fingers swell and shrink depending on heat, exercise, water retention, etc. When I hike in the summer, my fingers turn into sausages, no matter what my weight. I have found a way to keep the ring from falling off, and that's all I care about. As I've gotten older, my knuckles have gotten larger, so it's less of a problem than it used to be. Some of the small rings I wore years ago I can't fit over the knuckles.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    In losing 90lbs my wedding set was resized from a 7.5 to a 5.5. It could honestly fit better as a 5 but the structural integrity of the ring would be compromised according to the jeweller
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't know what size my rings are. I lost around 20-25 lbs and at that point my ring was fairly loose so I pulled an old ring out that I had worn when I was thinner and it fit okay.
  • fubarfornow
    fubarfornow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have lost 80 lbs so far, and I have lost 4 ring sizes. I went from a nine to a five. i do think i have lost weight in my fingers first. I still have plenty left to lose around my hips.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Like other posters, I have lost enough weight (111 lbs) that I have gone down a shoe size, needed links taken out of my watch strap and have gone down at least 2 ring sizes on my right hand. My left hand, where I normally wear my wedding band, probably also changed because I can now wear the band on my hand, instead of on a chain around my neck!!
  • runlikeagirl1985
    runlikeagirl1985 Posts: 178 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I can't say about losing weight cause I am still in the process, however, I gained 100 lb and only went up one size (maybe one and a half) as the rings that used to fit my ring finger now fit my little finger (loosely). It is really going to depend on how you're made how much smaller your fingers get.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Not really sure if this is the right place for the question but...

A lot of people have mentioned losing ring sizes when they lose weight and I was wondering, how much weight did you lose and how many ring sizes did you lose with it?

I'm only down about 30lbs and I still have 100 to go but I can only wear my favorite rings on my thumbs now and I've gone from a size 9 to a 7 on my middle finger. Do you think I'm likely to drop down a lot more or am I just weirdly losing weight from my hands first? I'm already trying to figure out what to do since many of my rings can't be resized...

My rings were too loose after about 30 lbs. Get a ring guard installed, it's a flexible band the jeweler can attach to the inside of your ring that makes it fit. It cost about $10 each and kept the rings safe for the next 100+ lbs of loss. It does not damage or alter the ring. When I was within 10 lbs of goal, I got them all resized. I don't know how many sizes I went down because I don't remember my old size, but it was several.
    PS you'll probably need to go to a real jeweler for this, not a bling shop.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing the same ring on the same finger since I was 15, so my finger just has a size-5 dent. No change with weight gain or loss. But now I can take the ring off when I want. So that's good.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    None here. I was a size 5 ring size 20 pounds heavier and still a size 5 ring size at my goal weight.

This is my story, exactly.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I went from a size 10 to about 5.5 (390 to 190). I've gained some weight back and I am a size 6. Used plastic ring wrap things for awhile and then finally got rings resized when was around 230 or so (even with the plastic ring, they were simply unwearable). They're still a little too big now, but I want to get back to where I was before sizing again. Just a plain wedding band and solitaire so not too difficult to resize.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I have lost 80 lbs so far, and I have lost 4 ring sizes. I went from a nine to a five. i do think i have lost weight in my fingers first. I still have plenty left to lose around my hips.

:lol: Isn't that just the way it goes!
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    lost 57 pounds and went from a size 7 ring to 4.5 being a little loose.