How many ring sizes lost?

2»

Replies

• SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I've been wearing the same ring on the same finger since I was 15, so my finger just has a size-5 dent. No change with weight gain or loss. But now I can take the ring off when I want. So that's good.

15!

There's a story there.

@SierraFatToSkinny- Lol! It's not nearly as interesting as it sounds. I have a plain silver ring that I've always loved. I'm not a jewelry person, so when we got married, I just kept wearing it.

Whew!

I was imagining you as a child bride!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've been wearing the same ring on the same finger since I was 15, so my finger just has a size-5 dent. No change with weight gain or loss. But now I can take the ring off when I want. So that's good.

15!

There's a story there.

@SierraFatToSkinny- Lol! It's not nearly as interesting as it sounds. I have a plain silver ring that I've always loved. I'm not a jewelry person, so when we got married, I just kept wearing it.

Whew!

I was imagining you as a child bride!

I should have constructed a whole alternative backstory for myself. Oh well. Opportunity missed. :)
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    115 pounds down and went from a tight 10 to a sort of lose 8. Not lose enough to need a ring spacer again yet though, so I doubt I could squeeze a 7 on.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Too. Damn. Many. So many rings I can't wear now... :/
  • KennyKlark478
    KennyKlark478 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2022
    These are special adjustable mood rings that will suit you even if you lose weight. So you won't have to change your wedding ring because of your weight change. For example, after pregnancy, I gained 20 pounds, and my hands swelled up a little. I had to buy rings 2 sizes bigger. I've been on a diet for 8 months now and noticed that the new ring is already big for my middle finger. Everyone knows that a person's weight changes throughout life, especially in old age. I advise you to buy adjustable rings to protect yourself from unforeseen expenses.
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    I'm not sure yet. I do know my ring size went up quite a bit since I gained weight. But I forgot my ring size...last time I got my finger sized was when I got my engagement ring sized. I do remember it was an large jump in sizes. I am waiting until I drop down to normal BMI before I resize my rings. I have dropped 15 pounds thus month and my rings are already spinning. I have 25 to 35 more to go so I might have to wear my rings on a chain for a bit.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I've lost 55+ kg (over 100 pounds) and my ring size has stayed the same throughout. I have to have a larger size to fit over my enlarged joints so I guess it accommodated any excess fat on my hands. I don't really think I put much weight on there anyway. Wrists, yes, fingers not so much.