Hair loss

Options
13»

Replies

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    To exclude all other deficiencies try to supplement with all microelements minerals what are associated with health of the hair. It s long list, but it worths to add to your supplements: Iron, Zink, Boron, Silica, Chromium, Selenium, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Vanadium, Copper, Biotin and all B-vitamins as complex of 100 % of daily dosage.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Besides protein and fat (already mentioned) iron and biotin are needed for hair growth. You could ask your doc to run blood tests. I came back deficient in iron, B vitamins, vitamin D ... Supplements can help, you just need to be careful not to overdo it. Esp. with the iron--that can be dangerous.

Yes, if someone suspects an iron deficiency they should get blood work done and proceed from there.

And don't be like me and let years go by without testing.

Although why my VA doctors in Florida didn't test me regularly is beyond me...my VA doctors in MA are good about that.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Rapid weight loss can cause hair loss. So can stress or illness. Usually hair loss occurs a few months after a stressful event. This is why some Covid patients experience hair loss a few months after they get sick, for example. Usually, it will pass as long as you are getting proper nutrition. Make sure your deficit is not too steep.