I just gotta say it . I flipping hate washing my hair so much

Options
13»

Replies

• KelBgess
    KelBgess Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel you. That's why I switched to braids.
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    How do you go days without washing your hair?? Is there a secret that no one is telling me? I can't wash my hair every single day due to lack of water and it absolutely drives me crazy! Am I using the wrong shampoo? I've tried several different kinds but I can't stand not washing my hair every night. I can't dry my hair either because the hair dryer takes up too much energy. I try to let it air dry before I go to bed but it bugs me so much the next day. Please help :s
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    How do you go days without washing your hair?? Is there a secret that no one is telling me? I can't wash my hair every single day due to lack of water and it absolutely drives me crazy! Am I using the wrong shampoo? I've tried several different kinds but I can't stand not washing my hair every night. I can't dry my hair either because the hair dryer takes up too much energy. I try to let it air dry before I go to bed but it bugs me so much the next day. Please help :s

You have to train your hair a bit. It's going to be bad before it gets better. Eventually it won't get as oily. But as I state up above, I used to use dry shampoo but didn't like the white residue so I use cocoa powder in my hair. It dries up all the oil and even on day three it can look like I just washed my hair. on the 4th and even sometimes 5th day I just wear it up and wash it again for the weekend/date nights.
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @bbell1985 Thanks I'll definitely give that a try! :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »

You have to train your hair a bit. It's going to be bad before it gets better. Eventually it won't get as oily. But as I state up above, I used to use dry shampoo but didn't like the white residue so I use cocoa powder in my hair. It dries up all the oil and even on day three it can look like I just washed my hair. on the 4th and even sometimes 5th day I just wear it up and wash it again for the weekend/date nights.

I am definitely going to try the cocoa powder! The white residue is why I don't use the dry shampoo powders, but the sprays never work as good.

Yeah if you have brown hair it's great. I dip a fat makeup brush into it, dab it on my scalp in a few places near the crown of the head and bangs, then literally dry wash my hair with my fingers pretty hard. Then comb it through with a soft bristle brush. It actually looks really shiny and voluminous afterward.
  • dwisehart
    dwisehart Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair 2 to 3 times a week. The only work out I take in to consideration is swimming, I HAVE to wash my hair after swimming even with using a swim cap.

I swim every day and I condition without shampooing my hair. Then once a week or when it gets feeling a little gross I wash it and then condition it. The conditioner alone protects and does some cleaning.
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I feel this on such a personal level. I HATE washing my hair
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    How many times a day are you washing it? You know you can always skip shampoo and co-wash sometimes. Maybe if you had to wash it after the gym don't wash it before bed, or even the next morning. Just stick to washing it when it's truly necessary.
  • Whit_88
    Whit_88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fai30 wrote: »
    I am so sick of having to wash my hair air often because it gets so sweaty.

And you know . Being frank. It doesn't end there.

It's also the 1+ hr of blow-dry and style ...

I hate that.

Anyone else feel me ?

Me. My hair is literally touching the top of my butt. It not only takes a while to wash it but then to dry and style ... efffff that mess. I let it air dry unless I have somewhere important to be lol
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Messy bun styles are my fave. I hate drying and styling. Wash, condition, put up in a bun and leave to dry. Those doughnut thingies are good they make it look as if I have actually styled it.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I used to have hair to the middle of my back....that was back in the 70's in my hippy days. Now I'm just happy I have hair !
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I did waist-length hair for almost two decades then went for a pixie. Four years of the pixie now and I can't imagine going back. Half-length showers, ready in the morning in 1-5 minutes, summer's slightly more bearable. Hair cuts have to be more frequent, but spending less on hair products probably makes up a lot of the extra cost I'd imagine.
    If I do ever grow it out again, it'll just be to get a kick out of reversing the stereotype even further. Always liked the idea of going silver, growing out my hair, and adopting like five more cats in my old age.
  • shadiisshac
    shadiisshac Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yeah I feel you. I got fed up and decided to lose my hair....worked for me