Can't eat that?

Options
I live at home with my parents and go to community college and my parents keep telling me how i cant eat that and that. I wanted to make myself chicken strips with alittle bit of bread crumbs since chicken alone makes me puke but i still want the protein and my mum tells me "you can't eat bread!" And I always end up eating like 500 cals below my deficit because i eat in moderation so I dont see the problem with alittle bit of bread crumbs.. am i still going to lose weight if I enjoy some carbs?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's all about calories. Unless you have a medical reason to watch your carb/bread intake, go for it.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want during losing weight. Ignore anyone who tells you otherwise!
  • linlinjay
    linlinjay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please don't leave 500 calories over in addition to your deficit. That's what you shouldn't do, not avoid carbs.
    I thought that if i eat less than the calories that mfp tell me than i lose weight??

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Is there a medical reason? If not a reasonable amount of bread won't be a problem.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    linlinjay wrote: »
    Please don't leave 500 calories over in addition to your deficit. That's what you shouldn't do, not avoid carbs.
    I thought that if i eat less than the calories that mfp tell me than i lose weight??

The number MFP gives you already includes your deficit. Aim for the number you are given.

If you told MFP you wanted to lose one pound per week, MFP calculated how many calories it would take for you to maintain your current weight and subtracted 500 calories before giving you your daily calorie goal.

And before purposeful exercise.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You should invite your mom to join mfp so she can read the forums. Just wondering, does your mom buy your food? Is she overweight or carb counting and just wants a "dieting" buddy? Just keep repeating to her CICO until she gets it. Good luck!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat anything otherwise you'll go nuts. Just stay within your calorie count. Everything in moderation.