If you could suggest one thing to learn about....

Options
MeowSkull
MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
"What is one topic, relevant to *today*, that I should throw myself into and become as knowledgeable as possible"

If someone were to ask you this today, what would you suggest?

Replies

• RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    classic cuisine/cooking

This is lacking majorly in today's society of highly processed foods and fast food, with US business markets exploiting the planet on this front, further dividing people from food to the point a lot have no idea where food comes from or what makes up food and how it got to the plate.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm and how to detect it. It will save you countless hours of unnecessary consternation.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm and how to detect it. It will save you countless hours of unnecessary consternation.

That's just mean. Not everyone knows what consternation means and some will confuse it with constipation. That will cause them to become further stressed thinking that their constipation is unnecessary. That, in turn, will cause them to become MORE constipated and might make them cry because they can't afford a colonoscopy and don't want to use anal suppositories. Very inconsiderate dirt. You're a jerk.
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    The dangers of sugar.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

That's just mean. Not everyone knows what consternation means and some will confuse it with constipation. That will cause them to become further stressed thinking that their constipation is unnecessary. That, in turn, will cause them to become MORE constipated and might make them cry because they can't afford a colonoscopy and don't want to use anal suppositories. Very inconsiderate dirt. You're a jerk.

Reported!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

THIS

And buttsex. cause I think it probably can be done wrong.

I love you.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    But if you want a serious answer, I'd say, learn how to speak Irish.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

THIS

:laugh:
  • wandadars
    wandadars Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Computers. What they are made of, how they work, the programming languages that we use to control them. They are in just about every modern piece of technology and yet a large portion of the people who use them have no concept of how they work.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You should learn about the Higgs Boson theory. And after that learn about the new "invisibilty" cloak that has been made through time manipulation.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

THIS

can you help me out with a form check?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If it is a longer term goal, I would suggest learning Spanish.

If it is JUST for today, I would suggest something physiology related.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Automobile maintenance and basic repair. Also, astronomy.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Basic car maintenance and repair.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    The dangers of sugar.

Lol. I'm assuming you're joking, cause if you're not, that's a bad sign
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Learn the IUPAC naming system for chemicals...

Then you can eat anything in the world guilt free.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Reported!

Now you hurt my feelings by reporting me. I'm reporting you right back!!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

THIS

can you help me out with a form check?

Sure

I'm always willing to help check form