How often do you weigh in?

I currently weigh-in every 2 weeks. I was doing it once a week but was getting discouraged, since I'm a very results driven person. It keeps me very committed!

How often do you weigh-in, what do you recommend? Also what day of the week do you pick?

Replies

• BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    I weigh in every morning. And I recommend weighing every morning provided you look at the trend--NOT day-by-day results.

It's like the stock market. You know that, long-term, the stock market goes up. Obviously the market goes up and down, but it generally trends up.

In the same way, if you're trying to lose weight there's absolutely nothing wrong with fluctuation, provided the trend is downward.

Now, if you find you can't handle the 'roller coaster', and can't help feeling down whenever the scale ticks up, then absolutely weigh in less often--once a week's probably good.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Daily and enter in the Libra weight tending app. I only update mfp weekly though.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Daily, and my scale automatically updates MFP, Garmin and Trendweight. But I like looking at the numbers and trends.

This is a personal choice and there is no right or wrong way.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    Daily ... so I can see what's going on.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    never lol i hate getting spooked by the scale number from either to much water weight or a previous night of eating like crazy.
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    Daily, and I cheat, I weigh in the second i wake up in the morning that's my main value, then I weigh in after workouts :tongue:
    i guess low numbers motivate me :smiley:
  • krisbusyb
    krisbusyb Posts: 9 Member
    Weekly.. I like to weigh in on Sunday mornings. Starts my week off on a positive aiming for that goal of the week!!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    i used to do it once a week. now it depends, it can be once every two or three weeks, depending on what i've eaten the day before.If i know there will be water retention that day,i don't bother weighing,i just wait for next week.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    weekly, after a swim and steam room but before breakfast. :smiley:

couldn't weigh daily, my brain would explode.
  • CaffeinatedRats
    CaffeinatedRats Posts: 20 Member
    Every morning, after I use the bathroom and before breakfast. I like seeing the trends. Seeing the fluctuations before that time of the month, or after a big restaurant meal are interesting. I know that my weight is trending down, so I try to not let a high day here and there spook me.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Every day, so I can learn my body's natural fluctuatuons. I log in happy scale and libra. Weighing every one or two weeks means you could miss all the lows!
    Weight is a data point, not a statement of your worth.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Daily - massive help with understanding what is happening to your body if you can get passed the number going up occasionally.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I currently weigh-in every 2 weeks. I was doing it once a week but was getting discouraged, since I'm a very results driven person. It keeps me very committed!

How often do you weigh-in, what do you recommend? Also what day of the week do you pick?

I recommend doing what works best for YOU regardless of what anyone else does.

I weigh pretty much daily and log it on a tracking app. I should lose my weight within next 10 years or so. That app kinda annoys me. LOL! For MFP I log every Monday morning - regardless if my weight is down, up or the same.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    I step on the scale every morning. But my only 'weigh-in day' is on a Monday where I log my weight on MFP.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Daily and enter in the Libra weight tending app. I only update mfp weekly though.

Same. I also measure once every 1-2 weeks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    2-3 times per week.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    daily - and look for the trends - helps me stop freaking out because I might have a bad day weigh-in...higher sodium, not walking as much, crappy sleep all influence how my weight is reflected
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    I used to do it daily, but after my scale kept getting stolen, I'm down to once a week. Sunday morning right after the bathroom I step on and log it.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    I weigh in daily & record on wednesdays (into mfp)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    When I remember, because I'm a slacker sometimes. It is neat if you can do it every day to see the trends. My 'official' weigh in day is Saturday regardless of what it says.