gained 6 pounds in one day!! -____-

Options
Yesterday before work i weighed myself as i usually do on Mondays. Well yesterday i drank over 2 gallons of water because i was so thirsty and I stepped on the scale after my workout and i gained 6 pounds! Mind you at first i had a tear in my eye because it feels like such a fall back . How do i get rid of the excess? Should I drink more water? Or should I not drink much water to flush it out... ughh so frustrated.

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    What did you weigh first thing this morning?
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    this morning i lost 2 but i was still up 4 .... so maybe i'll loose the excess later on today?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    this morning i lost 2 but i was still up 4 .... so maybe i'll loose the excess later on today?

Might take longer than that. I gained 5 lbs one day a week or two ago and it took ~ 4 days to go away.

It's just life.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates around 5 lbs throughout the day. This is normal.

Keep drinking water - don't force it, but stay hydrated so that your urine is clear to light yellow. This will pass in ~5 days.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »

You are within natural body weight fluctuations. Weight loss/fat loss is how you trend over time. And as a women, you have it worse. I hold two lbs from lifting and another 1-4 lbs from whatever I eat/how much is in my GI system.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    I have been weighing myself after workouts to calculate how much water i'm loosing(sweating). I usually drink a gallon a day but yesterday i was thirsty all day for some reason. I guess i'm just frustrated because it took so long to get to 166 and now im back to 170.... just because of water..
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Weigh yourself in the morning. Also, if you are dehydrated, drink electrolytes or each foods high in sodium/potassium/magnesium.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    no I eat the same things every day. Just different varieties. I guess I'll just see how the following days go with loosing the weight. Hopefully I'll be back to or less than what I've worked so hard for.